Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Alom ?
Special Forums Hardware Alom ? Post 302961714 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 2nd of December 2015 05:36:39 PM
Old 12-02-2015
Yeah... The command was new for me, too. And unfortunatly it will not work on the older ALOM systems. The Guide I posted are for CMT systems. So there needs to be another way to fix the hardware in your system!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

escape from alom

No, its not a movie, its a command to get you from the sc> ALOM prompt back to the console or ok prompt. You must log into the ALOM, then to jump back to the console enter "console -f". Problem is that this leaves you logged in on the ALOM. Question: is there an escape key sequence to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to connect to alom

Hello Guys, I am working with sunfire V480 and wants to know how to connect to alom. Can you please guide? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How disable alom?

hello guys.... I'm newbie in solaris server / os, anybody know how disable alom server v240. thank u (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Reset ALOM from OS

Hi guys, I'm in trouble with a Sunfire T2000. The OS (Solaris10) is up and running, but I can't log in the sc>I think the terminal server is crashed! Does anyone know if I can reset the sc> from the OS? How can I do that? Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM Not Responding to logins

I have a few servers that are all having the same problem when trying to login to their ALOMs. The are T2000's. When I go to login I get the login prompt, but some machines ALOMs aren't responding to the initial login: # ssh xx.xx.xx.xx Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Resetting ALOM

Hi gurus, I have a sun netra 240 server. I want to get to the ALOM but it always ask for login and password. Can anyone tell me how I can reset the ALOM it to default so I can be able to configure it? Thanks lots. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ALOM - Console -

Hello forum, I have a SUN v250 at home that I have to practice Solaris. I currently have Solaris 9 installed and the ALOM Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.5.2. From the ALOM I want to access the console. sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. after that there is no response.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
19 Replies

9. Solaris

ALOM hang

Hi guys, I'm new with solaris. I just received sunfire T2000 server. Problem: ALOM keep hang/stuck/jammed. Steps do before it hang : 1. Connect to T2000 (using RJ45 - DB9 cable) 2. Open putty, connect via serial. 3. Power on the server. 4. Its loading. 5. then, hang. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasraf
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Alom

Hi, How to set ip address on eth0 for access ssh from ALOM? Is it possible? Now i cannot access it because don't have VGA. I keep try to access using ssh. Please guide me. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
16 Replies
FANCONTROL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     FANCONTROL(8)

NAME
fancontrol - automated software based fan speed regulation SYNOPSIS
fancontrol [configfile] DESCRIPTION
fancontrol is a shell script for use with lm_sensors. It reads its configuration from a file, then calculates fan speeds from temperatures and sets the corresponding PWM outputs to the computed values. WARNING
Please be careful when using the fan control features of your mainboard, in addition to the risk of burning your CPU, at higher tempera- tures there will be a higher wearout of your other hardware components, too. So if you plan to use these components in 50 years, maybe you shouldn't use fancontrol at all. Also please keep in mind most fans aren't designed to be powered by a PWMed voltage. In practice it doesn't seem to be a major issue, the fans will get slightly warmer, just be sure to have a temperature alarm and/or shut- down call, in case some fan fails, because you probably won't hear it anymore ;) CONFIGURATION
For easy configuration, there's a script named pwmconfig(8) which lets you interactively write your configuration file for fancontrol. Alternatively you can write this file yourself using the information from this manpage. Since most of you are going to use pwmconfig(8) script, the config file syntax will be discussed last. First I'm going to describe the var- ious variables available for changing fancontrol's behaviour: INTERVAL This variable defines at which interval in seconds the main loop of fancontrol will be executed DEVPATH Maps hwmon class devices to physical devices. This lets fancontrol check that the configuration file is still up-to-date. DEVNAME Records hwmon class device names. This lets fancontrol check that the configuration file is still up-to-date. FCTEMPS Maps PWM outputs to temperature sensors so fancontrol knows which temperature sensors should be used for calculation of new values for the corresponding PWM outputs. FCFANS Records the association between a PWM output and a fan input. Then fancontrol can check the fan speed and restart it if it stops unexpectedly. MINTEMP The temperature below which the fan gets switched to minimum speed. MAXTEMP The temperature over which the fan gets switched to maximum speed. MINSTART Sets the minimum speed at which the fan begins spinning. You should use a safe value to be sure it works, even when the fan gets old. MINSTOP The minimum speed at which the fan still spins. Use a safe value here, too. MINPWM The PWM value to use when the temperature is below MINTEMP. Typically, this will be either 0 if it is OK for the fan to plain stop, or the same value as MINSTOP if you don't want the fan to ever stop. If this value isn't defined, it defaults to 0 (stopped fan). MAXPWM The PWM value to use when the temperature is over MAXTEMP. If this value isn't defined, it defaults to 255 (full speed). The configuration file format is a bit strange: VARIABLE=chip/pwmdev=value chip/pwmdev2=value2 VARIABLE2=... Each variable has its own line. The variable name is followed by an equal sign and the device=value pairs. These consist of the path to the pwm output for which the value is valid, equal sign followed by the value and are separated by a blank. Path can be absolute or relative (from /sys/bus/i2c/devices or /sys/class/hwmon depending on the kernel version). Example: MINTEMP=hwmon0/device/pwm1=40 hwmon0/device/pwm2=54 You have to play with the temperature values a bit to get happy. For initial setup I recommend using the pwmconfig script. Small changes can be made by editing the config file directly following the rules above. Upon starting, fancontrol will make sure that all referenced devices do exist and match what they were at configuration time, and that all referenced sysfs files do exist. If not, it will quit immediately, upon the assumption that the configuration file may be out-of-sync with the loaded kernel drivers. THE ALGORITHM
fancontrol first reads its configuration, writes it to arrays and loops its main function. This function gets the temperatures and fanspeeds from kernel driver files and calculates new speeds depending on temperature changes, but only if the temp is between MINTEMP and MAXTEMP. After that, the new values are written to the PWM outputs. Currently the speed increases quadratically with rising temperature. This way you won't hear your fans most of the time at best. SEE ALSO
pwmconfig(8), sensors(1). AUTHOR
Marius Reiner <marius.reiner@hdev.de> lm-sensors 3 September 2009 FANCONTROL(8)