Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Sco UNIXware 7.1.4 error in booting Post 302961014 by amr ibrahim on Monday 23rd of November 2015 06:16:33 AM
Old 11-23-2015
the new system disk is connected separetly on sata on board port and the old hard disks connected sas on backplane that coneccted to the Raid mega sas card LSI

---------- Post updated at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:01 PM ----------

-the sata disk (system disk) is connected and i'm booting from it
-the mega sas controller is connected and the old configuration is still configured
-the old 3 hard disk configured from LSI bios
the case now that i cant see the 3 SAS hard disks from the installed sco on sata disk.
PS: i'm booting from the sata disk as u advised.
how to install the LSI SAS S2108 (D2616) after the sco unixware 7.1.4 installed on SATA disk ? to let the old 3 H.Ds (SAS) can be accessible from SATA disk to mount the corrupted /etc ?
i'm stuck on this step !!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

3. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

4. SCO

sco unixware + oracle 8.0.5

hi, anybody can give procedure for how to install oracle 8.0.5 in sco unixware 7.1.4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7.1.4 Network Adapter Error

Hi All I P2Vd a Unixware 7.1.4 box with VMWare Vsphere. I try to add a network adapter under Network Configuration Manager and it comes up with the error attached. I've added a virtual adapter using the "E1000" option. It detects both the AMD PCI NET and E1000 virtual adapters under Network... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flashinwrx
8 Replies

6. SCO

Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1

We are retiring a Unixware 7.1 server that has custom applications on it. It has Raid 5 and we would like to use the machine for other things. Is there a way we can image/clone to virtual machine file and run that VM within say Virtual PC 2007 or VMware? I am not aware of anything to do this. I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
20 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

8. SCO

My UnixWare SCO Server

Hi, I'm new to this Unix world and have taken over looking after the I.T side of things at work, which includes the internal ERP system which runs on a UNIX SCO platform. My initial worry is what state this is in as its been on site over 20 years. What would be the first things to check on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
13 Replies
mega_sas(7D)							      Devices							      mega_sas(7D)

NAME
mega_sas - SCSI HBA driver for LSI MegaRAID SAS controller DESCRIPTION
The mega_sas MegaRAID controller host bus adapter driver is a SCSA-compliant nexus driver that supports the Dell PERC 5/E, 5/i, 6/E and 6/i RAID controllers, the IBM ServeRAID-MR10k SAS/SATA controller and the LSI MegaRAID SAS/SATA 8308ELP, 8344ELP, 84016E, 8408ELP, 8480ELP, 8704ELP, 8704EM2, 8708ELP, 8708EM2, 8880EM2 and 8888ELP series of controllers. Supported RAID features include RAID levels 0, 1, 5, and 6, RAID spans 10, 50 and 60, online capacity expansion (OCE), online RAID level migration (RLM), auto resume after loss of system power during arrays, array rebuild or reconstruction (RLM) and configurable stripe size up to 1MB. Additional supported RAID features include check consistency for background data integrity, patrol read for media scanning and repairing, 64 logical drive support, up to 64TB LUN support, automatic rebuild and global and dedicated hot spare support. CONFIGURATION
The mega_sas.conf file contains no user configurable parameters. Please configure your hardware through the related BIOS utility or the MegaCli configuration utility. If you want to install to a drive attached to a mega_sas HBA, you should create the virtual drive first from the BIOS before running the Solaris install. You can obtain the MegaCli utility from the LSI website. The mega_sas device can support up to 64 virtual disks. Note that BIOS numbers the virtual disks as 1 through 64, however in the Solaris operating environment virtual disks are numbered from 0 to 63. Also note that SAS and SATA drives cannot be configured into the same vir- tual disk. KNOWN PROBLEMS AND LIMITATIONS
The mega_sas driver does not support the LSI MegaRAID SAS 8204ELP, 8204XLP, 8208ELP, and 8208XLP controllers. FILES
/kernel/drv/mega_sas 32-bit ELF kernel module. (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/mega_sas 64-bit kernel module. (x86) /kernel/drv/mega_sas.conf Driver configuration file (contains no user-configurable options). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmegasas | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), attributes(5), sata(7D), scsi_hba_attach_setup(9F), scsi_sync_pkt(9F), scsi_transport(9F), scsi_inquiry(9S), scsi_device(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) SunOS 5.11 14 Aug 2008 mega_sas(7D)