Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dual Boot vs VM vs Wine?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Dual Boot vs VM vs Wine? Post 302960770 by hicksd8 on Thursday 19th of November 2015 12:19:31 PM
Old 11-19-2015
I'm surprised that you've had no responses yet so let's get the ball rolling.

If you just want the ability to run guest operating systems on your lappy using a product that's not difficult to learn, install and use, then I'd be looking at VirtualBox.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot no more

Ok I had a windows and RH dual boot system and have now converted over completly to the linux system. How do I regain the other half of my drive? I cannot see it in the disk manager. what do I do to format so that i can mount it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot help...

Hi there! I have a laptop which I plan on installing a dual boot on with Windows and Linux. I have Windows 98 installed at the moment, and I also have a copy of Slackware 8. I talked to friend, and he said he had some problems installing a dual boot with linux on his laptop... So I just came... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual Boot on HP-UX

Hy all Does anyone have Info on how to make a dual boot HP UX 10-20 HP UX 11 on a server ? Thanks in advance Olivier (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

XP -- Redhat Dual Boot

Hi guys! Need some help here.....trying to install Redhat 8.0 on a laptop that is already running WinXP. Have made a partition with partition magic but when I try to install Linux it just stops at the check partition/ check hard-drive stage. It has happened on two different laptops of different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syrex
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot problem

Hi All, I have a pc loaded with windows 2000 professional. Recently added new disk of size 80GB and installed redhat linux to second disk. Now system is booting to linux but not to windows 2000. How to configure for dual boot. Thanks in advance - Bache Gowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

6. BSD

dual boot

I have recently installed free bsd on my windows xp laptop so that now it is a dual boot system. It worked fine for the first couple of days, but now whenever I try to boot into windows it hangs, giving the message WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys, bsd however, loads fine. I was wondering either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elfhat
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot issue

Hi All, 1st HDD is loaded with Windows 2000 Professional and I have installed Red Hat ES 3.0 on second HDD(80GB). After linux installation failed to load windows and boot stucks with displaying only L How to fix this issue Thanks in advance for your valuable answer. Regards, Bachegowda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

8. Linux

Dual-boot help

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a dual-boot machine with Linux (RH FC 5) and Unix (Solaris 10)? I currently have one OS (Linux RH FC 5) on one drive (master) and another OS (Unix - Solaris 10) on the other drive (slave). I am a little unsure of what to modify the grub.config file with,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trmn8r
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dual boot

Hi, I am having 1 TB hard disk and in that I have to install windows,linux 64 bit and linux 32 bit total 3 operating systems I need to install, how could I do that please help. I am having 64 bit machine h/w Thanks, Trimurtulu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Do you dual-boot with other os

When I first started using Linux (Ubuntu) I decided to just do a full install. The PC I installed it on, was full of viruses and to be honest, I was never good handling them. So, I decided to just go for it and install. Anyways I got another computer recently, a much newer one and I decided to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
3 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)