Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO Openserver 6 Console Display Problem Post 302960555 by Jim546 on Monday 16th of November 2015 06:32:49 PM
Old 11-16-2015
I installed both those update and I believe OSS711e did the trick. I guess I should pay attention when they say "critical". Got ahead of myself trying to see if this machine would work. I will spend the rest of the evening loading the rest of the patches and updates :-). In answer to your question it's an ASUS motherboard with an I7-3770. I know old but still newer than what they have now. Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated!!! Jim

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO openserver 5 install problem

Hello all, I'm trying to install SCO openserver 5 on a 2.5 Gig hard drive, and I tried fdisk and a low-level format of the drive. When I insert the boot diskette all seems fine, and it asks me to set the cd-rom and it sees it and reads from it. Well, I'm thinking all is well until right after I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: immulett
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO OpenServer Booting Problem

My company has a Compaq NeoServer running SCO OpenServer Release 5 (vintage late 1998) that we inherited from another small company. This has been a very reliable file server for our small company. We recently installed a new Linux server and would like to convert the NeoServer to other functions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeff Boyce
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RE: login problem with SCO openserver

I am running the beta version of Openserver by SCO and the Graphical login only gives me the option of logging into the system v xwindows and I know that this build included KDE 3.3 I have tried the kde kdm command at shell prompt: command not found. Any ideas anyone? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreykirk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 5.0.7 Hung process problem

Hi guys I installed this new server with 5.0.7 openserver and i'm getting a lot of this process, if a stop and restart the printer spooler they go away but after a few minutes they appear again.This is how it looks like. root 372 615 0 - - 00:00:00 <defunct> root ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

6. SCO

sco openserver 5.07 installation problem

Hi everyone, We r installing sco openserver 5.07 on dell poweredge 2800 but we are facing problem when installing SCSI-raid drivers. Dell provide Perc4 raid card and we dont found raid drivers for this specific raid card. So we r stuck up on primary stage and we also dont know the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mineshkoli
2 Replies

7. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 Installation problem

we are installing Openserver 5.0.7, system have SAS controller (Hard Disk Attached) as well as Adaptec ultra 320 controller (Tape Drive Attached). At the time of installation we link both driver BTLD Boot: Defbootstr link=accraid ad320 Aftes succesfully installation of accraid btld... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafizurr
6 Replies

8. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 Installation problem on HP ML310 G4

can not for the life of me workout which BTLD to load allways shows no HDD available can any one give me a clue tried hpsas aacraid lsil a160 a320 server is a ML310 G4 ?????:confused::confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildginger
7 Replies

9. SCO

Problem with installing SCO openserver 5.0.5 on IBM Lenovo R61

Hi I m trying to install SCo 5.0.5 on my laptop but it fails, I was able to install it on another computer and it did work, but with this IBM LENOVO R61 Laptop, it is giving me the message Memory error loading kernel, I searched the net concerning this issue and found that i have to write this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashar_smeirat
1 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 Problem

I am currently having a problem with my SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 / 3.2v5.0.5 system. Running smoothly for the past 3 years, at random on March 16, 2010 the system crashes. I reboot it. Everything is normal again. 9 hours later it crashes again. This cycle has repeated itself ever since then. System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesmith
2 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)