Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Classwork (group project)
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Classwork (group project) Post 302958116 by RudiC on Monday 19th of October 2015 01:01:44 PM
Old 10-19-2015
- With the sample given, the assumption for the first question on first and last line is wrong. On top, the delimiter for cut should be reconsidered.
- Your attempt to find the top hits (whatever this means) looks for the string constant "date"; not sure this is what you want.
- Your attempt to answer question 3 can be simplified and doesn't meet the question's kernel.

What about questions 4 - 10?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Apparently my post is Homework/Classwork?

I previously posted a question in the Shell Scripting forum a few minutes ago. I recieved a message telling me I had breached a rule, apparently because my post was a homework infraction. Well, im currently trying to figure out how to use Raspberry Pi's (as im a starter) I asked one of my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Waggie14
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
mktemp(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						mktemp(3C)

NAME
mktemp - make a unique file name from a template SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> char *mktemp(char *template); DESCRIPTION
The mktemp() function replaces the contents of the string pointed to by template with a unique file name, and returns template. The string in template should look like a file name with six trailing 'X's; mktemp() will replace the 'X's with a character string that can be used to create a unique file name. Only 26 unique file names per thread can be created for each unique template. RETURN VALUES
The mktemp() function returns the pointer template. If a unique name cannot be created, template points to a null string. ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Generate a filename. The following example replaces the contents of the "template" string with a 10-character filename beginning with the characters "file" and returns a pointer to the "template" string that contains the new filename. #include <stdlib.h> ... char *template = "/tmp/fileXXXXXX"; char *ptr; ptr = mktemp(template); USAGE
Between the time a pathname is created and the file opened, it is possible for some other process to create a file with the same name. The mkstemp(3C) function avoids this problem and is preferred over this function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkstemp(3C), tmpfile(3C), tmpnam(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 2004 mktemp(3C)