Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Need shell script to monitor files Post 302956412 by RudiC on Tuesday 29th of September 2015 03:50:40 PM
Old 09-29-2015
What be the difference to your other thread? How about answering the questions asked there?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help doing a script to monitor if files are go through

I am trying to do a shell script to check a folder and see if files are passing through. Now if a file did not pass through in the last 1 hour send an email. ftp----------> folder to monitor ----------->ftp Now the script that moves the file runs every sec in cron, so i do not know if i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathan184
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor tmp folder for uploads

Hello, We have been having some issues with our users overwriting files, and then not having a backup. What I would love to do, is create a shell script to monitor /tmp, for uploads, and make a copy of the file they are trying to upload before the upload finishes. Is this possible at all? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrfr0g
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script partitions space monitor

Hello friends, I'm newbie in shell scripting... Until now i have this script: #!/bin/sh emailok = email1@domain.com emailissue = email2@domain.com limit="50" df -h | grep -vE '^Filesystem' | awk '{print $1 " " $4 " " $5}'|while read val do partition=$(echo $val | awk '{print... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_doe
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: script to monitor incoming files

I have 20 or so files that are ftp'd each day to a particular directory. I want to create a script that will tell me if any of these files fails to arrive or if any additional files arrive. I'm thinking I'd have a list of file names that should arrive each day, and the script would check each days... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveyc82
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to monitor folder and upload found files via FTP

Hi everyone! I'm in a need of a shell script that search for all files in a folder, move all those files to a temp folder, and upload those files via FTP. When the file transfer via FTP completes successfully, the file is moved to a completed folder. In case any of those files fails, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsorock
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a command inside shell script

Hi All, Is there any way to monitor a command inside shell script ? I have a script inside which I have a tar command which zips around 200GB data. tar zcvf $Bckp_Dir/$Box-BaseBackup-$Day.tar.gz * --exclude 'dbserver_logs/*' --exclude postmaster.pid --exclude 'pg_xlog/*' I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to monitor cpu and VMstat, iostat

Hi , I am new to scripting. please help me out how to write a script to monitor cpu , vmstat, iostat in Redhat linux. we are doing the load test. Thanks in advance !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saanvi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor process with high CPU

Hi, Linux redhat 5.5 I need to write a kshell script that shows all the process that consume 100% CPU (or more. strange but there are time that top shows higger value that 100) and they are active more than 5 minute. The top command shows all the relevat information: The PID of the cpu ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor the changes on files

Hello all, I'm planning to write a script to monitor the changes on configuration files on my application server, i have around 50 properties files which really crucial for the application to perform well but we have a challenge here is that all the application team (development, testing and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh_RPM
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD