Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Enterprise 3000
Special Forums Hardware Sun Enterprise 3000 Post 302956116 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 26th of September 2015 09:34:39 AM
Old 09-26-2015
The old Enterprise 3000 don't have a systemcontroller... You will just get console output from serial line... And it takes quite a long time until you get output after powering on the server.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ultra enterprise 3000

I have been trying to install a few different distributions on this server, i have 1 sparc 250 mhz, 512 ram, it has a scsi with the built in ethernet, ive tried debian, bsd, with no luck, i can gentoo live cd to run and work with the ethernet, but i would like a normal distro, anywaysi have solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahjoel
4 Replies

2. Solaris

keyboard & monitor for SUn ultra enterprise 3000

Hi all, i just purchased Sun Ultra Enterprise 3000, but they did not include with keyboard/mouse . i am very new with this box. could you give me which type of keyboard i can use and video connector to my monitor since serial connectors for keyboard and video is different with my PC. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Powering ON SUN 450 Enterprise

Problem powering ON the SUN 450 E, we checked voltage and the power supply. Seems to be we have out of 3 LED's in the back 2 are glowing, when we turn the power button on the front from standby to ON. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?. I have looked through some troubleshooting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Enterprise 420R

I am trying to connect to our Sun Enterprise 420R server via Hyperterminal. Using settings of 9600,n,1,n, I am getting nothing on COM4 (my laptop's ethernet port). I've also tried COM3, COM2, and COM5 - but at least I can type in COM4: the other three I cannot type when trying to connect. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcgranahan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with Stubborn Sun Ultra Enterprise 450

Hello everyone...yesterday i've received a Sun Ultra E450 Server Unit and when I try to boot from everything it asks me for Firmware Password.:rolleyes: The unit hasn't been used for 10 years...so no one doesn't yet remember the password.:D Ok,I've searched on the Internet all day long finding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daiman
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun enterprise 420R boot issue

Hi, I am using sun enterprise 420R server. Problem is on the monitor i am not able to see anything. I tried Serial connection, on terminal(using serial) i could see that POST(power on start tests) tests are being done, after that "timeout waiting for arp rarp packet" message keep displaying... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkittu009
11 Replies
SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-getty-generator					SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-getty-generator - Generator for enabling getty instances on the console SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-getty-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-getty-generator is a generator that automatically instantiates serial-getty@.service on the kernel console /dev/console if that is not directed to the virtual console subsystem. It will also instantiate serial-getty@.service instances for virtualizer consoles, if execution in a virtualized environment is detected. This should ensure that the user is shown a login prompt at the right place, regardless of which environment the system is started in. For example, it is sufficient to redirect the kernel console with a kernel command line argument such as console= to get both kernel messages and a getty prompt on a serial TTY. See kernel-parameters.txt[1] for more information on the console= kernel parameter. systemd-getty-generator implements the generator specification[2]. Further information about configuration of gettys you may find in systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere)[3]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), agetty(8) NOTES
1. kernel-parameters.txt https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt 2. generator specification http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Generators 3. systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere) http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html systemd 208 SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)