Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Enterprise 3000
Special Forums Hardware Sun Enterprise 3000 Post 302956105 by hicksd8 on Saturday 26th of September 2015 06:17:28 AM
Old 09-26-2015
Although you might think that you've turned the power on you need access to the system controller first. The system controller (SC) is an embedded (Linux) appliance which sits under the Sun hardware and controls it. When you powered up you probably only have power onto the SC. So at this stage I wouldn't worry about modules that don't appear to be coming on.

Answer DukeNuke2's question about console access via the serial interface.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ultra enterprise 3000

I have been trying to install a few different distributions on this server, i have 1 sparc 250 mhz, 512 ram, it has a scsi with the built in ethernet, ive tried debian, bsd, with no luck, i can gentoo live cd to run and work with the ethernet, but i would like a normal distro, anywaysi have solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahjoel
4 Replies

2. Solaris

keyboard & monitor for SUn ultra enterprise 3000

Hi all, i just purchased Sun Ultra Enterprise 3000, but they did not include with keyboard/mouse . i am very new with this box. could you give me which type of keyboard i can use and video connector to my monitor since serial connectors for keyboard and video is different with my PC. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Powering ON SUN 450 Enterprise

Problem powering ON the SUN 450 E, we checked voltage and the power supply. Seems to be we have out of 3 LED's in the back 2 are glowing, when we turn the power button on the front from standby to ON. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?. I have looked through some troubleshooting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Enterprise 420R

I am trying to connect to our Sun Enterprise 420R server via Hyperterminal. Using settings of 9600,n,1,n, I am getting nothing on COM4 (my laptop's ethernet port). I've also tried COM3, COM2, and COM5 - but at least I can type in COM4: the other three I cannot type when trying to connect. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcgranahan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with Stubborn Sun Ultra Enterprise 450

Hello everyone...yesterday i've received a Sun Ultra E450 Server Unit and when I try to boot from everything it asks me for Firmware Password.:rolleyes: The unit hasn't been used for 10 years...so no one doesn't yet remember the password.:D Ok,I've searched on the Internet all day long finding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daiman
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun enterprise 420R boot issue

Hi, I am using sun enterprise 420R server. Problem is on the monitor i am not able to see anything. I tried Serial connection, on terminal(using serial) i could see that POST(power on start tests) tests are being done, after that "timeout waiting for arp rarp packet" message keep displaying... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkittu009
11 Replies
CYC(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    CYC(3)

NAME
cyc - Cyclone fiber interface SYNOPSIS
bind #C /dev /dev/cyc DESCRIPTION
The cyc device drives the Cyclone CVME961 (not 960) card with an attached SQFBR Squall module to provide a high-speed point-to-point 9P link between a CPU server and a file server. Both machines must of course have VME buses. For debugging, the Cyclone may be loaded with on-board software using xms (see con(1)) and the NINDY ROM supplied with the device. In production, though, it is easiest to replace the ROM with the program in the directory /sys/src/fs/cyc. In either case, the on-board software expects an identical Cyclone to be at the other end of the fiber. One of the boards must be in a CPU server, the other in a file server; the systems configure their respective boards dynamically as appropriate. The driver serves a single file, /dev/cyc. When opened, the file initializes the connection to the file server. The resulting file descriptor should be used only to send and receive 9P messages. Typically boot(8) will open /dev/cyc, prime the connection by sending nop and session messages (see attach(5)), and then mount (see bind(2)) the file descriptor in the CPU server's name space. Thenceforth all activity on /dev/cyc will be mediated by the mount driver mnt(3)). FILES
/sys/src/fs/cyc Directory of on-board software for the Cyclone. SEE ALSO
CVME960, CVM961 Single Board Computer User's Manual and SQFBR User's Manual, Cyclone Microsystems, Inc., New Haven, CT, 1-203-7865536 SOURCE
/sys/src/9/power/devcyc.c BUGS
The driver is specific to the SGI Power Series, although the device should operate on any VME bus. CYC(3)