Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Enterprise 3000
Special Forums Hardware Sun Enterprise 3000 Post 302956097 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 26th of September 2015 02:55:07 AM
Old 09-26-2015
Do you use a serial cable to see the console output? Any messages?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ultra enterprise 3000

I have been trying to install a few different distributions on this server, i have 1 sparc 250 mhz, 512 ram, it has a scsi with the built in ethernet, ive tried debian, bsd, with no luck, i can gentoo live cd to run and work with the ethernet, but i would like a normal distro, anywaysi have solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahjoel
4 Replies

2. Solaris

keyboard & monitor for SUn ultra enterprise 3000

Hi all, i just purchased Sun Ultra Enterprise 3000, but they did not include with keyboard/mouse . i am very new with this box. could you give me which type of keyboard i can use and video connector to my monitor since serial connectors for keyboard and video is different with my PC. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Powering ON SUN 450 Enterprise

Problem powering ON the SUN 450 E, we checked voltage and the power supply. Seems to be we have out of 3 LED's in the back 2 are glowing, when we turn the power button on the front from standby to ON. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?. I have looked through some troubleshooting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Enterprise 420R

I am trying to connect to our Sun Enterprise 420R server via Hyperterminal. Using settings of 9600,n,1,n, I am getting nothing on COM4 (my laptop's ethernet port). I've also tried COM3, COM2, and COM5 - but at least I can type in COM4: the other three I cannot type when trying to connect. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcgranahan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with Stubborn Sun Ultra Enterprise 450

Hello everyone...yesterday i've received a Sun Ultra E450 Server Unit and when I try to boot from everything it asks me for Firmware Password.:rolleyes: The unit hasn't been used for 10 years...so no one doesn't yet remember the password.:D Ok,I've searched on the Internet all day long finding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daiman
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun enterprise 420R boot issue

Hi, I am using sun enterprise 420R server. Problem is on the monitor i am not able to see anything. I tried Serial connection, on terminal(using serial) i could see that POST(power on start tests) tests are being done, after that "timeout waiting for arp rarp packet" message keep displaying... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkittu009
11 Replies
dr(7d)								      Devices								    dr(7d)

NAME
dr, drmach, ngdr, ngdrmach - Sun Enterprise 10000 dynamic reconfiguration driver SYNOPSIS
dr drmach ngdr ngdrmach DESCRIPTION
The dynamic reconfiguration (DR) driver consists of a platform-independent driver and a platform-specific module. The DR driver uses stan- dard features of the Solaris operating environment whenever possible to control DR operations and calls the platform specific module as needed. The DR driver creates minor nodes in the file system that serve as attachment points for DR operations. The DR driver provides a pseudo-driver interface to sequence attach and detach operations on system boards using file system entry points referred to as "attachment points." The attachment point form depends on the platform. Sun Enterprise 10000 Server On the Sun Enterprise 10000 server, the DR driver consists of a platform-independent driver (ngdr) and a platform-specific module (ngdr- mach). The domain configuration server (DCS) accepts DR requests from the system services processor (SSP) and uses the libcfgadm(3LIB) interface to initiate the DR operation. After the operation is performed, the results are returned to the SSP. For more information about the DCS on the Sun Enterprise 10000, refer to the dcs(1M) man page and the Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide. The DR driver creates physical attachment points for system board slots that takes the following form: /devices/pseudo/ngdr@0:SBx Where x represents the slot number (0 to 15) for a particular board. The cfgadm_sbd(1M) plugin creates dynamic attachment points that refer to components on system boards, including CPUs, memory, or I/O devices. Refer to the cfgadm_sbd(1M) man page for more details. SEE ALSO
cfgadm_sbd(1M), ioctl(2), libcfgadm(3LIB) Sun Enterprise 10000 Dynamic Reconfiguration User Guide SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 2003 dr(7d)