Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .bashrc in Ubuntu 14.04
Operating Systems Linux Fedora .bashrc in Ubuntu 14.04 Post 302955798 by cmccabe on Monday 21st of September 2015 04:28:41 PM
Old 09-21-2015
How can I remove this if I can not access nano? Is there a command? Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

from bashrc to sh..??

:) as soon as i installed my software a couple of weeks ago.. (fedora core 2 vs, 2.6.8-1.521) i decided to switch the shell to sh shell and i know that .bashrc is the bash profile file(???) i want to use the sh version of the same file and make it the main profile file.. how can I switch it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

history -c in my .bashrc

Hi, I come into unix with csh, but i switch to bash . I want to clear my command history for each session, history -c, but for some reason this doesn't work in the .bashrc file. I know that the file is running after I type bash on my csh command line because I get the hello back. If I am already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yankee428
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having trouble with .bashrc

hey guys, Im trying to find all my .bashrc files in the home directory. ~/etc/bash.bashrc is the only thing i can find but its outside of my /home Could the files be hidden? I want to see all my .bashrc files in my /home structure... <cries> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc question

Hi, I was instructed to find all the .bashrc files on my system, that MODIFY the PS1 varaible. here is what i've come up with so far: ls / .bashrc -print woo. But thats not all. I need to display the full file name ( Including the full path ) and protection. - I can display... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc revisisted

hey guys, i've tried countless times to do this and have come up with: find / type -f ".bashrc" -exec grep PS1 '{}' \; 2>/dev/null | ls -l which tells bash: find all the files in the system with the name .bashrc and look for modifcations to PS1 and terminate and rediret error msgs... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc

i have made a few changes to my bashrc file...have set a few environmental variable that my shell scripts use. Is there any way that these changes can reflect in evryone else's bashrc who are in the network or do all of them have to copy those changes to their own bashrc file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unset .bashrc

Could someone please tell me how to unset your .bashrc? I have tried all of these. I can't find anything useful from google. unset -f .bashrc unset .bashrc (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the .bashrc

I have modified the .bashrc. The problem is that when I write a long command, it does not write on the next line but continues to write on the same line. # ~/.bashrc: executed by bash(1) for non-login shells. # see /usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files (in the package bash-doc) # for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.bashrc questions

Are there any advantages of doing one over the other in your .bashrc? They both seem to do the same thing. HISTFILESIZE=10000 HISTSIZE=10000export HISTFILESIZE=10000 export HISTSIZE=10000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
AA-GENPROF(8)							     AppArmor							     AA-GENPROF(8)

NAME
aa-genprof - profile generation utility for AppArmor SYNOPSIS
aa-genprof <executable> [-d /path/to/profiles] OPTIONS
-d --dir /path/to/profiles Specifies where to look for the AppArmor security profile set. Defaults to /etc/apparmor.d. DESCRIPTION
When running aa-genprof, you must specify a program to profile. If the specified program is not a fully-qualified path, aa-genprof will search $PATH in order to find the program. If a profile does not exist for the program, aa-genprof will create one using aa-autodep(1). Genprof will then: - set the profile to complain mode - write a mark to the system log - instruct the user to start the application to be profiled in another window and exercise its functionality It then presents the user with two options, (S)can system log for entries to add to profile and (F)inish. If the user selects (S)can or hits return, aa-genprof will parse the complain mode logs and iterate through generated violations using aa-logprof(1). After the user finishes selecting profile entries based on violations that were detected during the program execution, aa-genprof will reload the updated profiles in complain mode and again prompt the user for (S)can and (D)one. This cycle can then be repeated as necessary until all application functionality has been exercised without generating access violations. When the user eventually hits (F)inish, aa-genprof will set the main profile, and any other profiles that were generated, into enforce mode and exit. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), logprof.conf(5), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-GENPROF(8)