Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Create Makefile from source files Post 302954239 by pintu1228 on Saturday 5th of September 2015 07:07:50 PM
Old 09-05-2015
Code:
output: fr.o vw.o ac.o pg.o gq.o
	g++ -o fr.o gq.o vw.o ac.o pg.o output

fr.o: fr.cc pg.h
	g++ -c fr.cc

vw.o: vw.cc ac.h
	g++ -c vw.cc

ac.o: ac.cc ac.h pg.h
	g++ -c ac.cc

pg.o: pg.cc pg.h
	g++ -c pg.cc

gq.o: gq.cc ac.h -I/assign1/includes bb.h	
	g++ -c gq.cc

clean:
	-rm *.o output

The gq.cc file has include "bb.h". The bb.h file is located in a sub directory under the main directory assign1.

---------- Post updated at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:04 PM ----------

the whole directory location is /home/turing/z1755294/assign1/assign1/includes/bb.h

the 2nd assign1 is where the other source files and header files are located.

The includes directory is what I am trying to accomplish for the gq.o

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about create Makefile

hello! i want to create a Makefile on the freebsd 4.5,so i vi the hello.c #include int main(int argc, char** argv) { printf(''Hello, GNU!\n''); return 0; } #autoscan #cp configure.scan configure.in #vi configure.in modify:AC_OUTPUT AC_OUTPUT(Makefile) #aclocal #autoconf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzp
0 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create raidctl mirror with mounted source parition

I am mirroring a single partition drive with raidctl. The source partition was mounted when I created the mirror with raidctl -c c1t1d0 c1t3d0. The source disk was defined with s2 and s6 only. I didn't think to umount it first. Is there a problem with that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile cant create new install path

..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake does not create Makefile.in

hi all, I have written a simple C program hello.c and a Makefile.ac but when i try to run automake it does not create Makefile.in hence I am not able to run ./configure command in my directory. Following are the containts of my prog. hello.c -------- Code: #include<stdio.h> main() {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
0 Replies

8. Linux

Create a bootable PXE image from build kernel source code

Hi, Can i just ask how I can create a bootable PXE image from the built kernel source. What files do I need to get? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a tgz from source FreeBSD

Hello, i'm having a problem here with FreeBSD 9.2 . I've created a directory and downloaded the latest ntp-4.2.8p1-beta2 from ntp.org. Untar then into the directory and then ./configure all went OK. Then i had to modify some parameters in the config.h created with ./configure . Then make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile instructions to create directories (CentOS7 , GNU Make 3.82)

Hello, My makefiles are set up to generate an environment specific build directory based on the local configuration and some values passed to make. It generally looks like, # compilers, may be passed to make CC++ = g++ FCOMP = gfortran # version of program, may be passed to make ver =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)					      Gutenprint Manual Pages					      CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)

NAME
cups-genppdupdate - update CUPS+Gutenprint PPD files SYNOPSIS
cups-genppdupdate [-h] [-n] [-N] [-q | -v] [-s ppd-directory] [-s output-directory] [PPD-FILES or QUEUES...] DESCRIPTION
cups-genppdupdate regenerates the Gutenprint PPD files in use by CUPS, using the PPD files under /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint as tem- plates. The new PPD file replaces the old PPD file under /etc/cups/ppd, but all the options set in the old PPD will be merged into the new PPD, provided that they are still valid in the new file. If no files or queue names are specified, cups-genppdupdate updates all Gutenprint PPD files in /etc/cups/ppd. Otherwise, cups-genppdup- date updates all files or queues listed on the command line. cups-genppdupdate does not update Foomatic PPD files or PPD files from Gimp-Print 4.2 or earlier. cups-genppdupdate does not restart cupsd. cupsd will need manually reloading (or send SIGHUP) once cups-genppdupdate has completed. OPTIONS
-h Show a help message. -n No action. The program will run, but the old PPD files will not be replaced. -q Quiet mode. No messages will be issued, apart from errors. -v Verbose mode. More informative messages will be issued. Note that extremely verbose output may be turned on by setting $debug=1 in the source, but this output will not be of use to the average user. -s ppd-directory Use ppd-directory as the base directory to read PPD files from. By default, the base directory is /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint. Under this directory, the PPD files are located in subdirectories according to language code and territory. -o output-directory Place updated PPD files in output-directory. By default, this is the same as the input directory. -N Reset all options to their defaults (do not merge options from the current PPD file) SEE ALSO
cups-genppd(8), cups-genppdconfig(8), CUPS Software Administrators Manual, http://localhost:631/documentation.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Roger Leigh (rleigh@debian.org) and Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (rleigh@debian.org). Version 5.2.9 07 Jul 2012 CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)