Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Create Makefile from source files Post 302954174 by pintu1228 on Saturday 5th of September 2015 02:22:24 AM
Old 09-05-2015
Create Makefile from source files

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:

Create a makefile for a set of source files. Several sources files are given but we are not allowed to modify them. The goal is to create a makefile such that if a change is made to any of the source code files, the project can be rebuilt by typing make at the command line.

2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

use vi in unix environment; -o, -I, -c

3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

Code:
all: frprog gqprog vwprog

frprog: fr.o
        g++ -o frprog fr.o

fr.o: fr.cc pg.h
        g++ -c fr.cc

gqprog: gq.o
        g++ -o gqprog gq.o

gq.o: gq.cc ac.h bb.h
        g++ -c gq.cc -I/includes/bb.h

vwprog: vw.o
        g++ -o vwprog vw.o

vw.o: vw.cc ac.h
        g++ -c vw.cc

ac.o: ac.cc ac.h pg.h
        g++ -c ac.cc

pg.o: pg.cc pg.h
        g++ -c pg.cc

clean:
        -rm *.o

Code:
g++ -o frprog fr.o
fr.o: In function `main':
fr.cc:(.text+0x21): undefined reference to `f1()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:4: recipe for target 'frprog' failed
make: *** [frprog] Error 1
make: *** No rule to make target 'bb.h', needed by 'gq.o'.
g++ -o vwprog vw.o
vw.o: In function `main':
vw.cc:(.text+0x21): undefined reference to `x2()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:16: recipe for target 'vwprog' failed
make: *** [vwprog] Error 1
make: Target 'all' not remade because of errors.

4. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):

Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, IL, USA
Dr. Kirk Duffin
CSCI 689

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 09-05-2015 at 04:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about create Makefile

hello! i want to create a Makefile on the freebsd 4.5,so i vi the hello.c #include int main(int argc, char** argv) { printf(''Hello, GNU!\n''); return 0; } #autoscan #cp configure.scan configure.in #vi configure.in modify:AC_OUTPUT AC_OUTPUT(Makefile) #aclocal #autoconf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzp
0 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create raidctl mirror with mounted source parition

I am mirroring a single partition drive with raidctl. The source partition was mounted when I created the mirror with raidctl -c c1t1d0 c1t3d0. The source disk was defined with s2 and s6 only. I didn't think to umount it first. Is there a problem with that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile cant create new install path

..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake does not create Makefile.in

hi all, I have written a simple C program hello.c and a Makefile.ac but when i try to run automake it does not create Makefile.in hence I am not able to run ./configure command in my directory. Following are the containts of my prog. hello.c -------- Code: #include<stdio.h> main() {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
0 Replies

8. Linux

Create a bootable PXE image from build kernel source code

Hi, Can i just ask how I can create a bootable PXE image from the built kernel source. What files do I need to get? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a tgz from source FreeBSD

Hello, i'm having a problem here with FreeBSD 9.2 . I've created a directory and downloaded the latest ntp-4.2.8p1-beta2 from ntp.org. Untar then into the directory and then ./configure all went OK. Then i had to modify some parameters in the config.h created with ./configure . Then make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile instructions to create directories (CentOS7 , GNU Make 3.82)

Hello, My makefiles are set up to generate an environment specific build directory based on the local configuration and some values passed to make. It generally looks like, # compilers, may be passed to make CC++ = g++ FCOMP = gfortran # version of program, may be passed to make ver =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
updaters(1M)															      updaters(1M)

NAME
updaters - configuration file for NIS updating SYNOPSIS
Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (YP). The functionality of the two remains the same; only the name has changed. DESCRIPTION
is a makefile used for updating the Network Information Service (NIS) databases. Databases can be updated only if the network is secure, that is, only if there is a NIS database ( The default script will update only the map. An entry in the file is a make target for a particular NIS database. For example, if you wanted to add to this script, you would create a make target named passwd.byname with the command to update that database. See udpublickey(1M). The information necessary to make the update is passed to the update command through standard input. The information passed is described below. All items are followed by a NEW LINE except for Actual bytes of key and Actual bytes of data. Network name of client wishing to make the update (a string) Kind of update (an integer) Number of bytes in key (an integer) Actual bytes of key Number of bytes in data (an integer) Actual bytes of data After receiving this information through standard input, the command to update the particular database should decide whether the user is allowed to make the requested change. If not, the command should exit with the status If the user is allowed to make the change, the command should make the change and exit with a status of zero. If there are any errors that may prevent the updater from making the change, it should exit with the status that matches a valid NIS error code described in AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
make(1), newkey(1M), rpc.ypupdated(1M), udpublickey(1M), publickey(4). updaters(1M)