Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Method to run a shell script using shortcut key in keyboard with out logging to putty Post 302951130 by Chi_SL on Monday 3rd of August 2015 03:15:21 AM
Old 08-03-2015
I have done logging to the server via a .bat file.
But cannot understand how can I run a specified shell(.sh) using the same .bat file. Can you help?

my .bat file contains and it worked fine

Code:
E:\Share\putty.exe -ssh username@ip -pw password

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-07-2015 at 06:53 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All Shortcut key combinations

Hi, I am using the Korn-Shell (ksh) and would like to know all the shortcut keys. For example: Shift + Insert etc. Thank you very much. Take care (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: --crimson--
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wanting to run a macro/script from PuTTY

We currently use TUN as an emulation program to connect to various unix applications. I am looking at moving to PuTTY release 0.60 but am getting stuck as one application runs a macro at startup to run a program. My question is, can you run a macro from PuTTY? Any pointers would be great. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtualpaul
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Copy entire line in bash (terminal) - keyboard shortcut

how can I do that? I can paste a line with ctrl+p; but I dont know how to copy it? ctrl+y - just deletes etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putty shortcut and ssh to another server question, possible in bash?

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script invoked from a keyboard shortcut

-EDIT- I have solved my problem below by using a different program. Instead of xsel I am using xclip which basically does the same thing and works fine from a script invoked by a global hotkey. -END EDIT- Hi, I've written a simple script to copy my email address into both the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
0 Replies
dxhangulim(1X)															    dxhangulim(1X)

NAME
dxhangulim - An input server for Korean DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Korean input server (dxhangulim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Korean fonts installed. This means that the Korean input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Korean, the Korean input server is started automatically, and both the language setting and the Korean input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Korean, you can switch to Korean from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG environment variable to a Korean locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Korean input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Korean. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxhangulim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxhangulim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Korean can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. PC-Style Keyboard Restrictions If you are using a PC-style keyboard, the input server may not recognize the Backspace key as the way to delete the previous character in the input method preediting area. In this case, you must use the Delete key to delete the character. The default Alt-Space key sequence for activating and deactivating the input method may not work under CDE. In this case, invoke the dialog box for Input Method Customization and change the key sequence for Start Input Method and End Input Method to be something other than Alt- Space. For example, you could change the sequence to be Ctrl-Space. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhanziim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), dxjim(1X), locale(1) Others: i18n_intro(5), Korean(5), l10n_intro(5) dxhangulim(1X)