Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Space truncation
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Space truncation Post 302950426 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 24th of July 2015 11:23:50 AM
Old 07-24-2015
Hello dhilipans1988,

Welcome to forum, kindly use code tags for commands/inputs/codes which you are using in your posts as per forum rules. You should use printf for same because it is known behavior for echo.
Code:
singh_test@Singh$ a='h1 '
singh_test@Singh$ b='12434 '
singh_test@Singh$ c=' fagkasdbkZ<M'
singh_test@Singh$ printf "$a $b $c\n" > testpri
singh_test@Singh$ cat testpri
h1  12434   fagkasdbkZ<M

Hope this helps, enjoy learning and sharing knowledge in forumSmilie

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 2.5.1 /usr/ucb/ps truncation problems

we aheva couple of old sun OS boxes, that we are trying to parse /usr/ucb/ps output. However it seems that something is occuring that is causeing th output of "/usr/ucb/ps -auxwww" to cut short the process name, whereas "ps -eaf" can display the entire process name. It will work for a while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adralph
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

truncation when vi a file

Hi, I'm using the vi that comes with Solaris 2.8. When vi a file with lines that have long continuous characters e.g. more than 256 chars, these lines got truncated. This is a known limitation of the out of the box Solaris vi, and there is a suggestion to get another vi. Is there an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selur-xinu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the cause of file truncation?

Hi, I have a program that gets called from the front end of my application. Actually it creates some temporary files and uses them and deletes them at last. But sometimes, say once in 6 times, some of these temporary files are getting truncated in the middle and because of this my program is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatmyname
9 Replies

4. AIX

PS output truncation in AIX

folks; i need help with a truncation problem in AIX when running "ps" command. when i run ps in SUN, i got the full output but when i run it in AIX the output is truncated. is there any arguments i can pass to give longer output so i can overcome the issue? here's the details:(please note the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

STDOUT truncation

Operating system - Solaris 8, Korn shell, xterm Command /usr/proc/bin/ptree outputs the process tree exactly as I want with all detail However, /usr/proc/bin/ptree | more truncates the process descriptions at an 80 character point. If the process tree has marched enough to the right,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syslog Truncation / Size Limit?

I searched and could not find an answer to this, and am having difficulty, so I would appreciate any assistance that can be offered. We're experiencing logs that are having all characters after the 850th one written being truncated. I am wondering if there is a default limit to the syslog... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puck
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

SCO 5.6 File truncation

Sir, my apologies for not being able to correspond for a long time. I am running an appliction in SCO 5.6. If the records are more than one lakh, the output file is getting truncated to one lakh. Please help me in rectifying the issue whereby it allows creation of output with more than one lakh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
0 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO 5.6 + file truncation

Sir, my apologies for I had put this question in a different forum earlier. I am running an appliction in SCO 5.6. If the records are more than one lakh, the output file is getting truncated to one lakh. Please help me in rectifying the issue whereby it allows creation of output with more than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Truncation Occurs When Outputting Shell Script to stderr

Operating System: Solaris 10, Shell We are outputting the results of our scripts to the stderr file. However we have encountered a problem where some of the lines in the file are truncated. Is there a way to increase the terminal or column size within the script so that this does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fazzasx
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)