Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Can't access my device DJI Phantom 3 which uses UNIX. Need Help please! Post 302950327 by Corona688 on Thursday 23rd of July 2015 12:12:26 PM
Old 07-23-2015
What, exactly, do you expect me to do? I don't own one myself, and couldn't find any relevant information. That it runs UNIX doesn't really tell me anything useful.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Non exclusive sound device access!!

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys know of way to make applications that use sound device on linux to access it in a "non-exclusive manner", the aim is to be able to use more than one application that requires the sound device. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. Linux

attempt to access beyond end of device

Hi, we have running 8 box sles 9 cluster and on an nfs filesystem we have the problem which is grepped from /var/log/messages. Jun 8 13:40:46 qnclpx02 kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device Jun 8 13:40:46 qnclpx02 kernel: sdat: rw=0, want=8894615912, limit=314572800 Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

controll access to a device

Hello everyone, I write a program (Linux & Solaris) that will run as non-root user, but the program must have rw access to a device /dev/ipmi (on linux) or /dev/bmc (on solaris). What is the standard way of granting such access? Linux: chmod on /dev/ipmi ? suid root my program? Solaris:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavel.Bures
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user.

Problem statement. In this part of the assignment, delegates will create a pseudo-device and write a device driver for it. The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user. Instead of compiling the device driver into the kernel, delegate will create a module.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nyjilgeorge1
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Not mounted, no-driver USB device in terminal (how to access?)

hi, i am on a quest to access and even mount if possible a drive on os x. there is no driver for the device, but it lists fine in the system profiler. can i access its location from the terminal? how? here is what i get on the system profiler: Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sontarieh
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How the user process can access the character device loaded by my module

I am trying to load into the kernel a system-call dynamically (without restarting the kernel and compailing it) in an attempt to (once in kernel mode) write to user process's memory. (I know there is a way to do this with the ptrace interface but it is not an option.) I know the only way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopelessProgram
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access a File as a Device?

I backed up my 320GB hard drive to a file with dd: dd if=/dev/sda of=dev_sda.17-Mar-2012 bs=1048576The main idea was to be able to be able to completely replace my hard drive from this backup if necessary, but I'd also like to be able to restore individual files. I realize I could use this dd... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt Miller
20 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Cannot access or boot encrypted drive (gave up waiting for root device...)

I cannot access or boot from my C drive. I'm running Zorin 9 and the drive is a Samsung SSD. The disk was encrypted on install, and that has not given me any problems before. When I start the system it gets to the memory test page, and does not then load the password prompt, which it used to.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: David4321
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclusive access for few IPs to NTP device

How to provide a client exclusive access to the NTP device or NTP server. Example: 1. Configured md5 authentication for a subnet added below restriction line to the subnet as below in ntp.conf file. Also configured the keys and md5 authentication working . restrict 192.168.1.0 mask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iqtan
1 Replies
GET_END(3)						     Library Functions Manual							GET_END(3)

NAME
get_end, get_etext, get_edata - get values of UNIX link editor defined symbols SYNOPSIS
#include <mach-o/getsect.h> unsigned long get_end(); unsigned long get_etext(); unsigned long get_edata(); DESCRIPTION
These routines provide a stopgap measure to programs that use the UNIX link-editor defined symbols. Use of these routines is very strongly discouraged. The problem is that any program that is using UNIX link editor defined symbols (_end, _etext or _edata) is making assumptions that the program has the memory layout of a UNIX program. This is an incorrect assumption for a program built by the Mach-O link editor. The reason that these routines are provided is that if very minimal assumptions about the layout are used and the default format and memory layout of the Mach-O link editor is used to build the pro- gram, some things may work by using the values returned by these routines in place of the addresses of their UNIX link-editor defined sym- bols. So use at your own risk, and only if you know what your doing. Or better yet, convert the program to use the appropriate Mach or Mach-O functions. If you are trying to allocate memory use vm_allocate(2), if you are trying to find out about your address space use vm_region(2) and if you are trying to find out where your program is loaded use the dyld(3) functions. The values of the UNIX link-editor defined symbols _etext, _edata and _end are returned by the routines get_etext, get_edata, and get_end respectively. In a Mach-O file they have the following values: get_etext returns the first address after the (__TEXT,__text) section, note this my or may not be the only section in the __TEXT segment. get_edata returns the first address after the (__DATA,__data) section, note this my or may not be the last non-zero fill section in the __DATA segment. get_end returns the first address after the last segment in the executable, note a shared library may be loaded at this address. SEE ALSO
ld(1), dyld(3) Apple Computer, Inc. April 10, 1998 GET_END(3)