Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD FreeBSD DHCP wpa_supplicant Wi-Fi Issues Post 302949707 by BrentBANKS on Tuesday 14th of July 2015 09:48:25 PM
Old 07-14-2015
I think I had found the issue.
I added this to my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
Code:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant 
eapol_version=2 
ap_scan=1 
fast_reauth=1 
network={     
     ssid="myID"
     key_mgmt=NONE
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 4.7 X issues - assistance req'd please

question: i just installed FreeBSD 4.7 on my laptop, when i log in as root, i can startx no problem at all but when i try to start it as a user, i can't. otiginally it told me i needed to be a member of the group 'wheel' to do startx, no problem, added myself in /etc/group, but for some reason i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Calum
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snort installation on freebsd issues

i'm following the, "How to setup and secure Snort, MySQL and Acid on FreeBSD 4.6 Release" off of the snort.org website. in the documentation it says snort should be installed through the following: ----- make -DWITH_MYSQL -DWITH_FLEXRESP ; make install ----- later it says to do the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some FreeBSD issues

I have been using Linux for 3 years now, and I think I am getting enough knowledge (and confidence) to try some more 'traditional' unix variants. I installed FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT. I have a couple of questions for the time being: 1) Frequently when I need to compile software packages they can't... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
16 Replies

4. IP Networking

freebsd / dhcp

I'm trying to make a transition from linux to unix, but one of the major hang ups is my networked internet connection. (1) Cable Internet (Adelphia) (2) Modem -> Cat5 (3) Cat5 -> D-Link Router (4) D-Link Router -> Cat5 (5) Cat5 -> D-Link 10/100 Ethernet/USB Adapter On boot it says it sees... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xviddivxoggmp3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dhcp command in FreeBSD?

Is there a dhcp command in FreeBSD 5.3? I know in Linux, there was a command "dhcpcd" that I had to use in order for my WiFi NIC to get all the information that it needed. Is there something similar to this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmotron
1 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD - Kernel Queries/Issues

All, I am a bit of a BSD newbie and haven't really played with it for years, but I have had a recent situation whereby someone attempted to load a custom kernel module and ended up breaking my BSD server. I managed to fix it by doing the following: Booting into loader mode: unload set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbabbers
3 Replies

7. Web Development

Using IP.Board on FreeBSD, having SQL/Apache Issues

Server: FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE MYSQL Version: MYSQL 5.1.36 PHP Version: 5.2.10 (apache2handler) IP.Board Version: v3.0.2 Safe Mode: OFF For the most part previously IP.Board, forum software, has run fine without any issues. Regular web pages and .php pages seem to load fine without any issues.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark Severance
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resolved: htpasswd issues (-b) on FreeBSD

I wrote a script to batch-create directories with .htaccess and .htpasswd files. I am using the following line to create the .htpasswd file: htpasswd -cb .htpasswd $USER $PASS However, I keep getting this message in return: Usage: htpasswd passwordfile username The -c flag creates a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD AMD NFS over TCP issues

Hi! I have a major issue with FreeBSD 7.1 i386. We did a change in our Unix env where we exchanged home storage from a NetAPP running udp to a NetAPP running tcp. Now I cant mount homedirs since NFS/AMD seem to fallback to udp :( Trying to force it with amd options nfs_proto=tcp and so on. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

10. AIX

Networking Issues - Opera, FreeBSD, AIX

(1) Hi, Am working on FreeBSD 7.4/i386 and installed Opera 11.01 through ports collection manually... But when I run first time am getting "opera: cannot connect X server. Error: Unknown error: 0" What is this error all about???? Please help me to sort out this issue!!! (2) Hi, currently am... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
12 Replies
WPA_SUPPLICANT(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 WPA_SUPPLICANT(8)

NAME
wpa_supplicant -- WPA/802.11i Supplicant for wireless network devices SYNOPSIS
wpa_supplicant [-BdehLqvw] [-f debug-file] -i ifname -c config-file [-N -i ifname -c config-file ...] DESCRIPTION
The wpa_supplicant utility is an implementation of the WPA Supplicant component, i.e., the part that runs in the client stations. It imple- ments WPA key negotiation with a WPA Authenticator and EAP authentication with an Authentication Server. In addition, wpa_supplicant con- trols the roaming and IEEE 802.11 authentication/association support and can be used to configure static WEP keys based on identified net- works. The wpa_supplicant utility is designed to be a ``daemon'' program that runs in the background and acts as the backend component controlling the wireless connection. It supports separate frontend programs such as the text-based wpa_cli(8) program. The following arguments must be specified on the command line: -i ifname Use the specified wireless interface. -c config-file Use the settings in the specified configuration file when managing the wireless interface. See wpa_supplicant.conf(5) for a descrip- tion of the configuration file syntax and contents. Changes to the configuration file can be reloaded by sending a SIGHUP signal to the wpa_supplicant process or with the wpa_cli(8) utility, using ``wpa_cli reconfigure''. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -B Detach from the controlling terminal and run as a daemon process in the background. -d Enable debugging messages. If this option is supplied twice, more verbose messages are displayed. Messages are sent to stdout by default, even when daemonised. This can be changed with the -f flag. -e Use an external IEEE 802.1X Supplicant program and disable the internal Supplicant. This option is not normally used. -f Specifies a file to send debug messages to when enabled with the -d flag. -h Show help text. -K Include key information in debugging output. -L Display the license for this program on the terminal and exit. -N -i ifname -c config-file ... Specify an additional interface and configuration file. If multiple interfaces are specified then wpa_supplicant will manage them all with a single process. -q Decrease debugging verbosity (i.e., counteract the use of the -d flag). -v Display version information on the terminal and exit. -w If the specified interface is not present, wait for it to be added; e.g. a cardbus device to be inserted. SEE ALSO
ath(4), ipw(4), iwi(4), ral(4), wi(4), wpa_supplicant.conf(5), ifconfig(8), wpa_cli(8) HISTORY
The wpa_supplicant utility first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The wpa_supplicant utility was written by Jouni Malinen <jkmaline@cc.hut.fi>. This manual page is derived from the README file included in the wpa_supplicant distribution. BSD
January 22, 2010 BSD