Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu? Post 302948555 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 30th of June 2015 11:36:12 AM
Old 06-30-2015
Ultrix run on MIPS chips. Not Alpha chips

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to password recovery on Ultrix

I got myself a dec 5100 running ultrix with unknow password, how do i recover or change the root password on it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermike
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu my problem is connecting it to the internet im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu and than tun tap it? can anyone thats done it before help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: russian460
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

QEMU not booting my image

hello all, I have been trying to boot an image (.IMG) using qemu, for quite some time now and i can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to boot from the Windows XP CD, the Debian iso image, etc, so I know qemu is configured properly and is working. But when it come to booting an image that I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
34 Replies

4. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX and QEMU Emulator?

Hi friends, I am a UNIX lover. I have tried several unix flavors including linux, solaris(x86) and FreeBSD, all these are the unices which can be installed on x86 hardware. Now to use the IBM AIX, I searched and googled alot, finally I came across QEME, which emulates the PowerPC platorm to turn... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

6. Programming

Running c code in ARM QEMU

I created and Compiled a C program to run in QEMU for ARM. When I run the program using the command #qemu-arm -L /home/arm-2010.09/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc ./test it gives me the following error: If 'qemu-arm' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

help about qemu-kvm boot with initrd

I used the redhat RHEL6 boot with initrd but it failed, can sb help me # /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm --enable-kvm -smp 8 -m 1024 -net nic,model=virtio -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.img -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 -append "root=/dev/ram... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2

I am running the gxemul software under cygwin, Just when installing the .iso image, I got the error shown in the picture. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks Jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

QEMU performance?

Heyas So, i like doing custom a LiveImage of my OS. Using Redhats kickstart/livecd-creator method. Anyway, so i would like to test the liveimages... AND also, i WOULD like to install FreeBSD, Solaris, or whatever, onto a Virtual Machine. I used to use Oracles Virtualbox, but eversince... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
pcic(7D)							      Devices								  pcic(7D)

NAME
pcic - Intel i82365SL PC Card Interface Controller DESCRIPTION
The Intel i82365SL PC Card interface controller provides one or more PCMCIA PC card sockets. The pcic driver implements a PCMCIA bus nexus driver. The driver provides basic support for the Intel 82365SL and compatible chips. Tested chips are: o Intel -- 82365SL. o Cirrus Logic -- PD6710/PD6720/PD6722. o Vadem -- VG365/VG465/VG468/VG469. o Toshiba -- PCIC and ToPIC o Ricoh -- RF5C366/RL5C466/RL5C475/RL5C476/RL5C477/RL5C478. o 02Micro -- OZ6912/6972. o Texas Instruments -- PCI1130/PCI1131/PCI1031/PCI1221/PCI1225/PCI1520/PCI 1410/PCI1420/PCI4520/PCI7510/PCI7621. While most systems using one of the above chips will work, some systems are not supported due to hardware designs options that may not be software detectable. Direct access to the PCMCIA hardware is not supported. All device access must be through the DDI. CONFIGURATION
Configuration of PC Card interface controllers are automatically done in the system by leveraging ACPI on x86 (or OBP on SPARC). Configura- tion includes allocation of device memory, I/O ports, CardBus subordinary bus number and interrupts. There is no user-interference required. Note that the controller may not work when ACPI is disabled. There is one driver configuration property defined in the pcic.conf file: interrupt-priorities=6; This property must be defined and must be below 10. FILES
/kernel/drv/pcic pcic driver. /kernel/drv/pcic.conf pcic configuration file. SEE ALSO
cardbus(4), stp4020(7D), pcmcia(7D) SunOS 5.11 27 June 2006 pcic(7D)