Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FFMPEG command problem...
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions FFMPEG command problem... Post 302945026 by pasc on Monday 25th of May 2015 01:34:31 PM
Old 05-25-2015
FFMPEG command problem...

Hi,

Currently having some trouble with FFMPEG....

I have the following files:

Code:
0001_.gif
0002_.gif
0584_.gif
0585_.gif
0586_.gif
0587_.gif
0588_.gif
0589_.gif
0590_.gif
0591_.gif

And am trying to use ffmpeg to join them to a video as follows:
Code:
ffmpeg -r 20 -f image2 -i %%03d.gif -f mp4 -q:v 0 -vcodec mpeg4 -r 20 myVideo.mp4

However I keep getting this:

Code:
C:\Users\Pascal\Desktop\folder>ffmpeg -r 20 -f image2 -i %03d.gif -f mp4 -q:v 0
-vcodec mpeg4 -r 20 myVideo.mp4
ffmpeg version N-34549-g13b7781, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Nov  6 2011 22:02:08 with gcc 4.6.1
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-ru
ntime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libope
ncore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --en
able-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger -
-enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwben
c --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-
libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil    51. 24. 0 / 51. 24. 0
  libavcodec   53. 28. 0 / 53. 28. 0
  libavformat  53. 19. 0 / 53. 19. 0
  libavdevice  53.  4. 0 / 53.  4. 0
  libavfilter   2. 47. 0 /  2. 47. 0
  libswscale    2.  1. 0 /  2.  1. 0
  libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0
%03d.gif: No such file or directory

Any idea what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance:

pasc

Last edited by Corona688; 05-25-2015 at 02:43 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Video grab using ffmpeg?

Does anyone know how to grab video (screen) on Terminal using ffmpeg (not X11). I have written a unix library and I'd like to make a short movie (demo) of it. Tried: I already own SNapz Pro2 but it hangs the system (I have an old Powerbook 15" PPC). I guess my system is too slow for version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FFMPEG in linux box

Hi all, I have successfully used ffmpeg.exe in windows. But i dont know how to use it in linux:confused:. When i tried running a java program in linux using ffmpeg, I am getting, the following error even after having that ffmpeg.exe in my classpath: "java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ffmpeg: capture audio that's playing (command line)

I'd like to capture the audio playing in itunes (OSX) to a file (from the command line). I currently use Wiretap Pro, but i'd like a non-gui. I tried installing sox, but after installing about 40-50 dependencies it crashed out. I do have ffmpeg working and I am pretty sure it can capture what's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FFMPEG install problem on Unix

Guys, I'm new on Unix and I was hoping you could help me installing ffmpeg on Apple TV 1st Gen, which is a Unix based OS. This is the version of Unix. Darwin AppleTV.local 8.8.2 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.2: Mon Jan 29 18:57:29 PST 2007; root:xnu-792.94.18~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386 I was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferrarih
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

a playlist for ffmpeg streamer

Hi, I hope I am posting in the right place. I use to stream to justin tv using ffmpeg with that command ffmpeg -re -i "path/to/input.avi" -vcodec libx264 -preset fast -crf 30 -acodec libfaac -ab 128k -ar 44100 -f flv rtmp://live.justin.tv/app/xxxxxxxxxxx I would like to know if a bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: undercash
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Slideshow with ffmpeg converter

Hi, everyone! I'm on a Debian 9.0 GNU/Linux machine. I'm not a very experienced user, but I do my best to learn. So, I have a bunch of images PNG files. I'm trying to make a slideshow with these using the ffmpeg video converter. I also have an audio WAVE stereo file which I'd like to merge... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: worov
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Ffmpeg

Hello everyone, I am new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am new to shell script and am trying to write a script to use with a program called ffmpeg. Would this be something I could get help with here? set /p VIDEO=Enter full name of video file on desktop: md... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: junorich
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To call ffmpeg in a loop

Hello, I was inquiring myself if it's possible to call ffmpeg in loop, an in each iteration, ffmpeg will pick one of the files in a directory and produce a new with a slightest different name. Can be as simple as a '*' in the beginning of the file name. I know how to use ffmpeg to do the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
2 Replies
byobu-enable(1) 						       byobu							   byobu-enable(1)

NAME
byobu-enable, byobu-disable - wrapper script for enabling/disabling automatic startup of byobu after login into text console SYNOPSIS
byobu-enable byobu-disable DESCRIPTION
byobu-enable will do two things: 1) run byobu-launcher-install(1) to configure byobu(1) to launch automatically on login 2) then launch byobu(1) byobu-disable will simply run byobu-launcher-uninstall(1). BUGS
None found, yet. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu-config(1), byobu-export(1), byobu-status(1), byobu-status-detail(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Jan Klepek <jan.klepek at gmail.com> and the utility was written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 6 January 2011 byobu-enable(1)