Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu? Post 302944949 by lucky7456969 on Sunday 24th of May 2015 10:05:20 AM
Old 05-24-2015
I notice that there is an alpha emulator which comes along with qemu as well. If no mips, can I use the alpha emulator instead. My goal is to get the OS running? Let me try it.. thanks for your information.

Update: If I switch to 4.5, which emulator(s) should I be using? qemu-system-mips -L . -m 64 rootdisk.img Still didn't work
It used to work on gxemul with cygwin display exported. But I don't count on the X Server of cygwin anymore, I
want it to run standalone using qemu..
THANKS
Jack

Last edited by lucky7456969; 05-25-2015 at 02:10 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to lucky7456969 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to password recovery on Ultrix

I got myself a dec 5100 running ultrix with unknow password, how do i recover or change the root password on it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermike
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu my problem is connecting it to the internet im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu and than tun tap it? can anyone thats done it before help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: russian460
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

QEMU not booting my image

hello all, I have been trying to boot an image (.IMG) using qemu, for quite some time now and i can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to boot from the Windows XP CD, the Debian iso image, etc, so I know qemu is configured properly and is working. But when it come to booting an image that I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
34 Replies

4. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX and QEMU Emulator?

Hi friends, I am a UNIX lover. I have tried several unix flavors including linux, solaris(x86) and FreeBSD, all these are the unices which can be installed on x86 hardware. Now to use the IBM AIX, I searched and googled alot, finally I came across QEME, which emulates the PowerPC platorm to turn... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

6. Programming

Running c code in ARM QEMU

I created and Compiled a C program to run in QEMU for ARM. When I run the program using the command #qemu-arm -L /home/arm-2010.09/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc ./test it gives me the following error: If 'qemu-arm' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

help about qemu-kvm boot with initrd

I used the redhat RHEL6 boot with initrd but it failed, can sb help me # /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm --enable-kvm -smp 8 -m 1024 -net nic,model=virtio -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.img -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 -append "root=/dev/ram... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2

I am running the gxemul software under cygwin, Just when installing the .iso image, I got the error shown in the picture. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks Jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

QEMU performance?

Heyas So, i like doing custom a LiveImage of my OS. Using Redhats kickstart/livecd-creator method. Anyway, so i would like to test the liveimages... AND also, i WOULD like to install FreeBSD, Solaris, or whatever, onto a Virtual Machine. I used to use Oracles Virtualbox, but eversince... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)