Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu? Post 302944941 by gull04 on Sunday 24th of May 2015 04:43:54 AM
Old 05-24-2015
Hi,

Are you certain that you have a version of Ultrix for the CPU type, from memory Ultrix was DEC native so probably PA RISC and Alpha processor types will be required.

The Qemu Hypervisor will only support the OPEN RISK Version of Ultrix which I think will need to be Version 4.5 with it's own libraries installed - it does not support shared libraries.

Also the version that you are using is from around 1991, there is a much later version from 1995 that you should be looking at.

Regards

Gull

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to password recovery on Ultrix

I got myself a dec 5100 running ultrix with unknow password, how do i recover or change the root password on it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermike
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu my problem is connecting it to the internet im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu and than tun tap it? can anyone thats done it before help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: russian460
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

QEMU not booting my image

hello all, I have been trying to boot an image (.IMG) using qemu, for quite some time now and i can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to boot from the Windows XP CD, the Debian iso image, etc, so I know qemu is configured properly and is working. But when it come to booting an image that I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
34 Replies

4. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX and QEMU Emulator?

Hi friends, I am a UNIX lover. I have tried several unix flavors including linux, solaris(x86) and FreeBSD, all these are the unices which can be installed on x86 hardware. Now to use the IBM AIX, I searched and googled alot, finally I came across QEME, which emulates the PowerPC platorm to turn... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

6. Programming

Running c code in ARM QEMU

I created and Compiled a C program to run in QEMU for ARM. When I run the program using the command #qemu-arm -L /home/arm-2010.09/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc ./test it gives me the following error: If 'qemu-arm' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

help about qemu-kvm boot with initrd

I used the redhat RHEL6 boot with initrd but it failed, can sb help me # /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm --enable-kvm -smp 8 -m 1024 -net nic,model=virtio -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.img -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 -append "root=/dev/ram... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2

I am running the gxemul software under cygwin, Just when installing the .iso image, I got the error shown in the picture. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks Jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

QEMU performance?

Heyas So, i like doing custom a LiveImage of my OS. Using Redhats kickstart/livecd-creator method. Anyway, so i would like to test the liveimages... AND also, i WOULD like to install FreeBSD, Solaris, or whatever, onto a Virtual Machine. I used to use Oracles Virtualbox, but eversince... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
VMWARE2LIBVIRT:(1)					  System Administration Utilities					VMWARE2LIBVIRT:(1)

NAME
vmware2libvirt - vmware vmx to libvirt xml converter SYNOPSIS
vmware2libvirt [-q] -f FILE DESCRIPTION
This program outputs a libvirt xml file based on an existing vmware vmx file OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -q, --qemu use qemu instead of kvm -f FILE, --file=FILE vmware vmx file to convert USAGE
To start using a pre-existing vmware image with libvirt, you simply copy the vmware .vmx file and .vmdk file to a new directory. Then do: vmware2libvirt -f ./file.vmx > file.xml virsh -c qemu:///system define file.xml At this point, your vmware image should be available to libvirt. CAVEATS
vmware2libvirt currently will use the first scsi disk if found, otherwise the first ide disk. It will also use the first ethernet interface found. SEE ALSO
virsh(1), kvm(1), qemu(1) AUTHOR
vmware2libvirt is (C) 2008, Canonical Ltd. This manual page was originally written by Jamie Strandboge <jamie@canonical.com> vmware2libvirt: 0.1 February 2008 VMWARE2LIBVIRT:(1)