Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu? Post 302944933 by lucky7456969 on Saturday 23rd of May 2015 07:26:42 PM
Old 05-23-2015
How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu?

Hi
Problem changed.
I've got a message showing on the screen which says
Guest has not initialized the display (yet)
Any how I can fix this?
Thanks Jack

Last edited by lucky7456969; 05-23-2015 at 09:01 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to password recovery on Ultrix

I got myself a dec 5100 running ultrix with unknow password, how do i recover or change the root password on it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermike
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu my problem is connecting it to the internet im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu and than tun tap it? can anyone thats done it before help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: russian460
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

QEMU not booting my image

hello all, I have been trying to boot an image (.IMG) using qemu, for quite some time now and i can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to boot from the Windows XP CD, the Debian iso image, etc, so I know qemu is configured properly and is working. But when it come to booting an image that I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
34 Replies

4. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX and QEMU Emulator?

Hi friends, I am a UNIX lover. I have tried several unix flavors including linux, solaris(x86) and FreeBSD, all these are the unices which can be installed on x86 hardware. Now to use the IBM AIX, I searched and googled alot, finally I came across QEME, which emulates the PowerPC platorm to turn... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

6. Programming

Running c code in ARM QEMU

I created and Compiled a C program to run in QEMU for ARM. When I run the program using the command #qemu-arm -L /home/arm-2010.09/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc ./test it gives me the following error: If 'qemu-arm' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

help about qemu-kvm boot with initrd

I used the redhat RHEL6 boot with initrd but it failed, can sb help me # /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm --enable-kvm -smp 8 -m 1024 -net nic,model=virtio -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.img -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 -append "root=/dev/ram... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2

I am running the gxemul software under cygwin, Just when installing the .iso image, I got the error shown in the picture. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks Jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

QEMU performance?

Heyas So, i like doing custom a LiveImage of my OS. Using Redhats kickstart/livecd-creator method. Anyway, so i would like to test the liveimages... AND also, i WOULD like to install FreeBSD, Solaris, or whatever, onto a Virtual Machine. I used to use Oracles Virtualbox, but eversince... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
BINMISCCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     BINMISCCTL(8)

NAME
binmiscctl -- manage binary image activators SYNOPSIS
binmiscctl add name --interpreter path --magic magic --size size [--mask mask] [--offset offset] [--set-enabled] binmiscctl remove name binmiscctl disable name binmiscctl enable name binmiscctl lookup name binmiscctl list DESCRIPTION
The binmiscctl utility is the management utility for configuring miscellaneous binaries image activators in the kernel. It allows adding, deleting, disabling, enabling, and looking up interpreters. Also, all the interpreters can be listed. The first argument on the command line indicates the operation to be performed. Operation must be one of the following: add name --interpreter path --magic magic --size size [--mask mask] [--offset offset] [--set-enabled] Add a new activator entry in the kernel. You must specify a unique name, interpreter path and its arguments path, header magic bytes that uniquely identify a suitable binary for the activator, and the size of the magic in bytes. Optionally you may specify a mask to do a bitwise AND with the header bytes. This effectively allows you to ignore fields in the binary header that do not uniquely indentify the binary file's type. An offset may be specified for the magic bytes using the --offset option. By default the offset is zero. To enable the activator entry the --set-enabled option is used. The activator default state is disabled. The interpreter path may also contain arguments for the interpreter including #a which gets replaced by the old argv0 value in the interpreter string. remove name Remove the activator entry identified with name. disable name Disable the activator entry identified with name. enable name Enable the activator entry identified with name. lookup name Look up and print out the activator entry identified with name. list Take a snapshot and print all the activator entries currently configured. EXAMPLES
Add an image activator to run the LLVM interpreter (lli) on bitcode compiled files: # binmiscctl add llvmbc --interpreter ''/usr/bin/lli --fake-argv0=#a'' --magic ''BCxc0xde'' --size 4 --set-enabled #a is replaced with the old argv0 value so that 'lli' can fake its argv0. Set its state to enabled. Set the state of the llvmbc image activator to disabled: # binmiscctl disable llvmbc Set the state of the llvmbc image activator to enabled: # binmiscctl enable llvmbc Delete the llvmbc image activator: # binmiscctl remove llvmbc Look up and list the record for the llvmbc image activator: # binmiscctl lookup llvmbc Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for ARM AARCH64 binaries: # binmiscctl add arm64 --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-aarch64-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x02x01x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00xb7x00" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for ARM little-endian binaries: # binmiscctl add armelf --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-arm-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x01x01x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00x28x00" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for ARM big-endian binaries: # binmiscctl add armebelf --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-arm-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x01x02x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00x28" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for MIPS32 binaries: # binmiscctl add mips32 --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-mips-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x01x02x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00x08" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for MIPS64 binaries: # binmiscctl add mips64 --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-mips64-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x02x02x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00x08" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for PowerPC binaries: # binmiscctl add powerpc --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-ppc-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x01x02x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00x14" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for PowerPC64 binaries: # binmiscctl add powerpc64 --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-ppc64-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x01x02x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00x15" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Add QEMU bsd-user program as an image activator for SPARC64 binaries: # binmiscctl add sparc64 --interpreter "/usr/local/bin/qemu-sparc64-static" --magic "x7fx45x4cx46x02x02x01x00x00x00 x00x00x00x00x00x00x00x02x00x2b" --mask "xffxffxffxffxffxffxffx00xffxff xffxffxffxffxffxffxffxfexffxff" --size 20 --set-enabled Create and use an ARMv6 chroot on an AMD64 host Use an existing source tree to build a chroot host with architecture overrides: D=/path/to/chroot cd /usr/src mkdir -p $D make world TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6 DESTDIR=$D make distribution TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6 DESTDIR=$D With emulators/qemu-user-static from the FreeBSD Ports Collection, the emulator must be copied into the jail path specified in the binmiscctl command. Using the example above: mkdir $D/usr/local/bin cp /usr/local/bin/qemu-arm-static $D/usr/local/bin Now the user can chroot into the environment normally, as root: chroot $D SEE ALSO
lli(1), execve(2), jail(8) HISTORY
The binmiscctl command was added in FreeBSD 10.1. It was developed to support the imgact_binmisc kernel module. AUTHORS
Stacey D Son BSD
December 30, 2014 BSD