Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Script for shutting down 48 computers Post 302941469 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 16th of April 2015 09:09:47 AM
Old 04-16-2015
If you shut down the computer the script is executing on - e.g., ACC36 is first in the list, you've lost scripting process. No more shutdowns. Be sure to run the script on the LAST ACCxxx box in your list of computers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get IP addresses of LAN computers

I need a shell script for OS X, one that can find IP addresses of machines connected to my LAN, get the names of the computer associated with those addresses, then display them like so in a list: "Bob's L33T Boxx: #.#.#.#" Something like the network scanner in Apple Remote Desktop is what I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sladuuch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutting down Solaris

Hi I have a mix of solaris 8,9 & 10. I need to have our 6 Solaris servers shutdown buy a script that will be executed by APC network Shutdown software Im really not sure how I would write a script to shut them down and the following processes? the processes are portmapper seq seq_api... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonysequoia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutting down the Server

Hi Is there anyway i can find out from which terminal a shutdown command has been run from ? :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktech
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Hangs when shutting down

i really dont know any other way to put it besides that Ubuntu 8.04, that i just installed on my computer hangs when it shuts down. the bar depletes the orange like it should, but it never actually shuts down. anyone know whats going on? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to Shutdown Computers on Cluster

Hello all. I have built a cluster of 9 Macs for computational chemistry and I need a shell script that I can use from one computer to all the rest to shutdown. I have modified all of the Macs so that there is pass-wordless ssh. As well, I have modified each "visudo" file on each machine by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcozd
1 Replies

6. Solaris

I Need to edit message at shutting down

on solaris 8 i edited file rc0 in /sbin at last line ex. /sbin/sync; /sbin/sync; /sbin/sync # Unmount file systems. /usr, /var, /var/adm, /var/run are not unmounted by # umountall because they are mounted by rcS (for single user mode) rather than # mountall. If this is changed,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infjustice
1 Replies

7. AIX

Getting error while shutting down

Hi, I am getting the error "/etc/rc.shutdown failed. Shutdown aborting" while shutting down the os. Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i see wich Computers are up in my network with a script

#!/bin/bash for ((n=0 ; n < 254 ; n+=1)) do ip=192.168.0.$n if ping -c 1 -w 1 $ip > /dev/null 2> /dev/null >> /etc/logping.txt; then echo "${ip} is up" # output up # sintax >> /etc/logping.txt log with .txt format else echo "${ip} is down" # output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roggy
4 Replies

9. Solaris

11.2 not shutting down completely

I just installed this 11.2 ver and when I tell it to shutdown it takes for ever then just hangs with this just a little bit of that red line left to go, then it just sits there like forever until I get tired of looking at it then force a shutdown by holding my power button down until my laptop... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
8 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)