Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Folder Depth in Samba
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Folder Depth in Samba Post 302941396 by blackrageous on Wednesday 15th of April 2015 05:16:28 PM
Old 04-15-2015
Tough one. Only limit close to this I think is path length...number of bytes/chars in path. Can you use something like locate (if this is linux) to cache filenames so that you can quickly find them?

Of course the guy in this link (Bastard Operator From Hell Official Archive) would write a script to test the users depth and just delete the files.
:-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to list samba shared folder in linux

Hi All, Is there any command to list samba shared folders in red hat linux 7.2 Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mq queue depth

hi how to find the queue depth of MQ Queue using unix please its very urgent (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

3. Programming

find depth using ftw

Hello, I am looking for specific files in my tree directory using ftw(3). How do I know how deep I am in the file structure.. in other words, say I am looking for config.txt files, and my structure looks like this.. /some/directory/user1/config.txt /some/directory/user2/config.txt ....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: germallon
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

SAMBA & Public Folder

Hello folks, I am trying to accomplish the following: 1. Create home folders for each user 2. Create a public folder where all users can access 3. Use Samba as a domain controller. I have successfully completed issue 1. But I can't get the second issue to work. Below is my config file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: behradb
0 Replies

5. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in Solaris 10

i want to restart samba service in solaris 1o installed on virtual machine but under under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in solaris 10 how do i proceed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MQ depth Periodically

Hi I am trying to a write a script which gives message queue depth for every 5 mins in a file. Commands that I use are runmqsc QM_Name display ql(*) curdepth Since I can use only MQSC commands I need help on how to fetch the output on to a file after executing display command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

MQ Queue depth.

Hi All, We have SuoOs and Linux servers. May i know how do we find the queue depth of IBM MQ from server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

find -depth ..How to use it ?

I tried to find a file lives within curent directory only, and typed $ find . -depth 1 -ls -name *.ini But it gave me, find: paths must precede expression: 1 Usage: find How'd I do it correctly ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)