Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tor and vm's
Special Forums Cybersecurity Tor and vm's Post 302935669 by senhortempora on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 12:53:45 PM
Old 02-18-2015
Yeah, looking from this angle it does makes sense Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TOR environment variable

My profile sets the TOR variable to $(whence vi). What is TOR used for? I appreciate any help I can get. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wittich
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Problem with Privoxy and Tor

Greetings, I use Debian Wheezy as an OS and I have already downloaded the Tor Browser-Bundle, which works fine. As soon as a start privoxy and set the proxy to: 127.0.0.1:8118 (socks4) in the tor browser (edit-->pref-->advanced-->settings--->http-proxy) I always get a connection refused. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dr. Nick
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Account Register With Tor

Hello, I would be interested in creating an account on this forum. However I have run into trouble in the process, I seem to not have permission to access the registration page. It seems that this forum has blocked registration from Tor. I am wondering if there is any way I could obtain an account... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies
TOR-RESOLVE(1)                                                      Tor Manual                                                      TOR-RESOLVE(1)

NAME
tor-resolve - resolve a hostname to an IP address via tor SYNOPSIS
tor-resolve [-4|-5] [-v] [-x] hostname [sockshost[:socksport]] DESCRIPTION
tor-resolve is a simple script to connect to a SOCKS proxy that knows about the SOCKS RESOLVE command, hand it a hostname, and return an IP address. By default, tor-resolve uses the Tor server running on 127.0.0.1 on SOCKS port 9050. If this isn't what you want, you should specify an explicit sockshost and/or socksport on the command line. OPTIONS
-v Display verbose output. -x Perform a reverse lookup: get the PTR record for an IPv4 address. -5 Use the SOCKS5 protocol. (Default) -4 Use the SOCKS4a protocol rather than the default SOCKS5 protocol. Doesn't support reverse DNS. SEE ALSO
tor(1), torify(1). See doc/socks-extensions.txt in the Tor package for protocol details. AUTHORS
Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu>, Nick Mathewson <nickm@alum.mit.edu>. AUTHOR
Peter Palfrader Author. Tor 09/26/2014 TOR-RESOLVE(1)