Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUSE Linux Enterprise 12
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Post 302933961 by drl on Tuesday 3rd of February 2015 11:17:48 AM
Old 02-03-2015
Hi, George.

1) Is your primary goal to compile and execute 32-bit code on SLED/SLES?

2) Did you try looking at what's available in your repositories with zypper?

3) Have you tried compiling, say a c code, with gcc -m32 name_of_source.c?

4) Have you considered installing openSuSE 12 in a VM?

5) Your question might have received more attention if you had placed it in the suse sub-forum.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 02-03-2015 at 12:37 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How to configure Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0 for sending mails to smtp server...???

Hi All, I have a system running with Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0. xyz# uname -a Linux xyz 2.4.21-291-smp #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:07:45 UTC 2005 i686 unknown I would like to configure postfix on this system for sending mails as a root user using "mail" command to smtp server (Windows System)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
5 Replies

2. SuSE

LKCD for suse linux enterprise server 8

Hi, I have installed LKCD using lkcdutils pakage through Yast install and remove applications. I have used enterprise server cd for installation. But I did not found any service of lkcd like /etc/init.d/boo.lkcd there. if we dont have this servers lkcd dump can not be saved at dump... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Suse Linux enterprise 10 - booting problem

Hi, It was happened to close my laptop without proper shutdown due to power failure with USB device connected to it. (removed the USB after shut down) After this incident, I was not able to boot my suse linux OS. Initial study reveals that the device is not unmounted properly and shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu V
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS5.10 and SuSe Linux Enterprise

OK, I've been thrown into an issue at my company where the security folks want password aging turned on for their limited NIS environment. The config is a SunOS5.10 (Solaris 10) Master with several slaves and several SuSe Enterprise Server 11 Clients. What I'm looking to understand is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rzrv15
0 Replies

5. SuSE

Suse enterprise server installation help

hello All, good day to you. could you tell me is there any way I can download SUSE lunux enterprise server trail version ? I want to install sap application over it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
1 Replies
PERLCC(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 PERLCC(1)

NAME
perlcc - generate executables from Perl programs SYNOPSIS
$ perlcc hello # Compiles into executable 'a.out' $ perlcc -o hello hello.pl # Compiles into executable 'hello' $ perlcc -O file # Compiles using the optimised C backend $ perlcc -B file # Compiles using the bytecode backend $ perlcc -c file # Creates a C file, 'file.c' $ perlcc -S -o hello file # Creates a C file, 'file.c', # then compiles it to executable 'hello' $ perlcc -c out.c file # Creates a C file, 'out.c' from 'file' $ perlcc -e 'print q//' # Compiles a one-liner into 'a.out' $ perlcc -c -e 'print q//' # Creates a C file 'a.out.c' $ perlcc -I /foo hello # extra headers (notice the space after -I) $ perlcc -L /foo hello # extra libraries (notice the space after -L) $ perlcc -r hello # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. $ perlcc -r hello a b c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. # with arguments 'a b c' $ perlcc hello -log c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out' logs compile # log into 'c'. DESCRIPTION
perlcc creates standalone executables from Perl programs, using the code generators provided by the B module. At present, you may either create executable Perl bytecode, using the "-B" option, or generate and compile C files using the standard and 'optimised' C backends. The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very experimen- tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged. OPTIONS
-Llibrary directories Adds the given directories to the library search path when C code is passed to your C compiler. -Iinclude directories Adds the given directories to the include file search path when C code is passed to your C compiler; when using the Perl bytecode option, adds the given directories to Perl's include path. -o output file name Specifies the file name for the final compiled executable. -c C file name Create C code only; do not compile to a standalone binary. -e perl code Compile a one-liner, much the same as "perl -e '...'" -S Do not delete generated C code after compilation. -B Use the Perl bytecode code generator. -O Use the 'optimised' C code generator. This is more experimental than everything else put together, and the code created is not guaran- teed to compile in finite time and memory, or indeed, at all. -v Increase verbosity of output; can be repeated for more verbose output. -r Run the resulting compiled script after compiling it. -log Log the output of compiling to a file rather than to stdout. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLCC(1)