Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba file structure
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Samba file structure Post 302933302 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 29th of January 2015 09:22:04 AM
Old 01-29-2015
I'm guessing I do not have a full understanding so please give me some help here.

The parent filesystem is on a Windows box.
John is a windows user. John can only view files in 'Child Folder 2'.

Can you have, on the Linux box, just a Child Folder 2 directory? Asked another way Does it have to be:
/Parent/child 2, or can it just be /child 2
So you have lots of /child n directories, but no parent directory?

BTW UNIX has directories, Windows has folders.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file structure

Hi, Is there a command that can help me to determain a unix file structure ? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
7 Replies

3. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

4. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

drop down structure in file

I have file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, d40 113, begum, d40 I want to group this file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, 113, begum, can any one help me on this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

case structure in .sh file

Hi, while true do printf "$FBOLD\nPlease enter the minutes (0-59): $FREG" read MIN case "$MIN" in ||s) break 2;; *) echo "" echo "Invalid minutes, please try again.";; esac done In the above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
4 Replies

7. Programming

FILE structure - stdio.h

Hi All, I am new to linux and Programming. Inside the file stdio.h, there is a description about FILE structure. Which has many internal data members like _p, _r, _flags etc. I have written a sample code to find out the contents of the FILE structure. It opens a sample file ( FILE *fp ),... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikunjbadjatya
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Copy certain file types recursively while maintaining file structure on destination?

Hi guys, I have just been bothered by a fairly small issue for some time now. I am trying to search (using find -name) for some .jpg files recursively. This is a Redhat environment with bash. I get this job done though I need to copy ALL of them and put them in a separate folder BUT I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

FTP the whole file structure

Hi I need to ftp the whole file structure from various unix servers to a windows server I have a sub script for each machine and am using ftp -is:../%name%_prog.bat -i %server% on the windows side. The problem then comes with the mget command it gets all the files , but puts them in one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmacher
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintaining file structure

Hi guys, I am trying to store some output in a file and then compare it to another file. I am gathering information from 2 commands: cat /opt/jbin/server.log.tmp > A grep "ephemeral" /opt/jbin/log/server.log.2015-05-02-18 > B The contents of both file are the same. This means if I do a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
LIBMTP_folder_struct(3) 					      libmtp						   LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)

NAME
libmtp - LIBMTP_folder_struct SYNOPSIS
#include <libmtp.h> Data Fields uint32_t folder_id uint32_t parent_id uint32_t storage_id char * name LIBMTP_folder_t * sibling LIBMTP_folder_t * child Detailed Description MTP Folder structure Examples: delfile.c, folders.c, getfile.c, newfolder.c, sendfile.c, and sendtr.c. Field Documentation LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::child Child folder or NULL if no children Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::folder_id Unique folder ID Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), LIBMTP_new_folder_t(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). char* LIBMTP_folder_struct::name Name of folder Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::parent_id ID of parent folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::sibling Next folder at same level or NULL if no more Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::storage_id ID of storage holding this folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)