Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Difference of dates
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Difference of dates Post 302932556 by srikanth38 on Thursday 22nd of January 2015 12:22:05 PM
Old 01-22-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
I'm afraid that "Its Linux" is too wide a statement. Can you post the output from uname -a

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

Linux XXXXX.prod.XXXX.com 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5 #1 SMP Fri Sep 17 04:57:05 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates...

Hi All, Wish you a Happy New year... I have to find the difference between two dates, the result should be the number of days. I have seen the "datecalc" function. Its good, can I have any other alternative. Thanks in Advance Raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates in no of days ???

Hi All How to get the difference between two dates in no of days ??? My date format is like this YYYY/MM/DD. I have to get the no of days between two dates in the given format. I tried to search the forum but nothing came up similar to my requitement. Your help will be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Days difference between two dates

Hello, I would like to find out the number of days between two dates of the format yyyy-mm-dd. Any help on this is highly appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Data469
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates.

Hi all. My question may seems to be similar to one that already been here. But i need a little other solution. I have two dates in format dd/mm/yyyy. I need to find number of days between them. I need to do it in bash script. I am running on Solaris machine and have cutted 'date' command version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl difference between dates

Hi, Is there any way I can get the difference between two dates in terms of days? I have used this method so far, but I cant format it in terms of days. @a=&DateCalc($date1,$date2,0); The o/p that I am getting is sort of like this: +0:0:0:4:0:0:0 I just want to get 4 days as an o/p.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the difference between dates

Hello! i need to find files lower and bigger that one date i pass, i search in the man find, but i didn't find anything, the only that i find is the parameter -mtime, in this parameter i can pass a number of days, but i need to know the difference between dates, any built-in function for do... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: claw82
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates

Hi! I have two parameters like this: YYYY-MM-DD YYYY-MM-DD My question is, there is a direct command for get the elapsed time between the 2 dates, or I have to find another way? Thx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MalaTomi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi all, I need a help for below requirement. Difference between two dates"12-11-2009" and "03-25-2012" (mm-dd-yy format") in weeks and days and hours Please help me for this. Thanks in adv.... I am working in AIX, so dont have below command:- date --version (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 2 dates

Hi Friends, I have a file that has the contents like below: file1.txt 5,13/07/2013 23:25:25,14/07/2013 19:40:21 5,13/07/2013 23:25:25,14/07/2013 19:40:43 5,12/07/2013 23:50:50,13/07/2013 20:30:26 5,12/07/2013 23:20:24,13/07/2013 19:40:53 60,14/07/2013 00:00:00,14/07/2013 23:00:39... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hi There I am trying to find the difference between two dates in seconds, by taking the first 10 digits of the file name itself, which I have done as shown below: current_time=`date +%s` last_login_of_tim=`date -d @1489662376 +%s` diff_sec=$(($current_time-$last_login_of_tim)) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies
DP(8)								     [nmh-1.5]								     DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)