Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: QEMU performance?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing QEMU performance? Post 302930593 by sea on Monday 5th of January 2015 07:08:36 PM
Old 01-05-2015
I just did so, and ended up no longer beeing able to boot to GUI.
After beeing stuck after the plymouth-screen (Fedora) it stucked between init 3 & init 5, somewhere...

Changing the GRUB command line helped to enter multi-user stage.
But even with deleting the just added MOK (during & after restart), i just once could boot to GUI, thought it was stable and never achieved again until i reinstalled my system just now.

Bad first experience i guess Smilie

Also, since i first installed such a signed key, when recreating grub2 config, it spawned some errors like:
Code:
ERROR: sil: invalid metadata checksum in area 3 on /dev/dm-0

But since this still happends, me not sure what it caused initaly...

System: 3.17.7-300.fc21.x86_64
I had used the attached script to sign the keys, which i just worked on, and now going to test for real again...
Now that the system was just installed this evening i dont have much to "loose" anyway.. Smilie

<3 custom LiveSpin's Smilie

Any ideas what i did wrong?
Thank you in advance and good night - wish me luck.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu my problem is connecting it to the internet im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu and than tun tap it? can anyone thats done it before help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: russian460
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

QEMU not booting my image

hello all, I have been trying to boot an image (.IMG) using qemu, for quite some time now and i can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to boot from the Windows XP CD, the Debian iso image, etc, so I know qemu is configured properly and is working. But when it come to booting an image that I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
34 Replies

3. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX and QEMU Emulator?

Hi friends, I am a UNIX lover. I have tried several unix flavors including linux, solaris(x86) and FreeBSD, all these are the unices which can be installed on x86 hardware. Now to use the IBM AIX, I searched and googled alot, finally I came across QEME, which emulates the PowerPC platorm to turn... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

5. Programming

Running c code in ARM QEMU

I created and Compiled a C program to run in QEMU for ARM. When I run the program using the command #qemu-arm -L /home/arm-2010.09/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc ./test it gives me the following error: If 'qemu-arm' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

help about qemu-kvm boot with initrd

I used the redhat RHEL6 boot with initrd but it failed, can sb help me # /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm --enable-kvm -smp 8 -m 1024 -net nic,model=virtio -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.img -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 -append "root=/dev/ram... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

Create a Bridge for Qemu using only loopback

hello networking folks, i have 3 virtual machines that need to talk to each other How can i create a bridge to loopback ? -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap1 where tap1 is connected to lo:1 , tap2 is connected to lo:2 etc thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwiceDone
0 Replies

8. BSD

How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu?

Hi Problem changed. I've got a message showing on the screen which says Guest has not initialized the display (yet) Any how I can fix this? Thanks Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
4 Replies
QEMU-NBD(8)															       QEMU-NBD(8)

NAME
qemu-nbd - QEMU Disk Network Block Device Server SYNOPSIS
usage: qemu-nbd [OPTION]... filename DESCRIPTION
Export QEMU disk image using NBD protocol. OPTIONS
filename is a disk image filename -p, --port=port port to listen on (default B<1024>) -o, --offset=offset offset into the image -b, --bind=iface interface to bind to (default B<0.0.0.0>) -k, --socket=path Use a unix socket with path I<path> -r, --read-only export read-only -P, --partition=num only expose partition I<num> -s, --snapshot use snapshot file -n, --nocache disable host cache -c, --connect=dev connect I<filename> to NBD device I<dev> -d, --disconnect disconnect the specified device -e, --shared=num device can be shared by I<num> clients (default B<1>) -t, --persistent don't exit on the last connection -v, --verbose display extra debugging information -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit SEE ALSO
qemu-img(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2006 Anthony Liguori <anthony@codemonkey.ws>. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 2014-10-04 QEMU-NBD(8)