Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Cygwin script to transfer file from windows to UNIX Post 302928864 by fpmurphy on Monday 15th of December 2014 06:55:12 PM
Old 12-15-2014
It might be simpler to simply install Putty on your Windows Server and use a batch file with psftp to transfer your files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to transfer b/w Unix and Windows

Hello everyone, I am trying to copy a large file from our SCO server to Win2000, burn it and then copy to our new server. Here's my problem. The file I am transfering is about 90 meg. When I use ftp from the windows machine and use the get command, it transfers the file but when I look at the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtysparks
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to transfer files from Unix to Windows

I need to write a shell script to transfer files from Unix server to windows machine. This script will be scheduled on scheduler to run at specified intervals #!/bin/ksh ftp -n alaska <<End-Of-Session user sss01 sample cd /home/sss01 lcd D:/sample mget *.txt bye when I executed the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: knag
15 Replies

3. HP-UX

File transfer between unix and windows server

hi all, I have two server(Unix tru64 and windows 2003 server). these server's live running now. The win2003server doesn't have ftp server. Also Unix server doesn't have samba. if both server's have ftp server that no problem. How to transfer file from windows server to unix by every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

File transfer between unix and windows viceversa

Hi, My requirement is to connect to a windows system from unix fileserver and get some files then process them using shell scripting and database related stuff.it will generate some output.i have to copy again some files back to windows system at some directory. How do i connect to windows from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Public/Private Key SSH from UNIX to Windows (Cygwin)

Hello all, I have a bit of trouble working a passwordless SSH from UNIX to Cygwin running windows 2k3. Here are some details. I AM able to SSH from the Windows box to the UNIX box using the keys. Also, I'm able to SSH from UNIX to Windows w/o the keys. However, when I try to do it with the keys... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kclerks11
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer from windows to unix using ftp

Hi all, I have a file in windows, example a.txt **** aaa bbb ccc <empty line> when i transfer this file to unix using ftp, and viewed the file # vi a.txt aaa bbb ccc # I dont get the empty line which i specified in that file in windows. Please help me, which in unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to transfer files from unix to windows

I have to transfer a file from unix to windows through Shell Script. I am using the below script, but it is not working. Please help. Please note --- I have to transfer the file from unix to windows. Not from windows to unix. I mean I don't have to use batch script.Only through unix shell script.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vsachan
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX to windows XP file transfer

I am using Unix workstation to transfer a .txt file to my other Windows XP desktop using network. can u suggest some idea how to do. i am new to unix . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil17
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I rebuild applications that developed in UNIX? I need to use it in windows os with cygwin

I need to rebuild an application that developed in unix environment and run in windows OS with cygwin. so How can I rebuild from the source code? is there any one who said something on this regard? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejirond
2 Replies
PERLNETWARE(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLNETWARE(1)

NAME
perlnetware - Perl for NetWare DESCRIPTION
This file gives instructions for building Perl 5.7 and above, and also Perl modules for NetWare. Before you start, you may want to read the README file found in the top level directory into which the Perl source code distribution was extracted. Make sure you read and understand the terms under which the software is being distributed. BUILD
This section describes the steps to be performed to build a Perl NLM and other associated NLMs. Tools & SDK The build requires CodeWarrior compiler and linker. In addition, the "NetWare SDK", "NLM & NetWare Libraries for C" and "NetWare Server Protocol Libraries for C", all available at <http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Novell_Developer_Kit>, are required. Microsoft Visual C++ version 4.2 or later is also required. Setup The build process is dependent on the location of the NetWare SDK. Once the Tools & SDK are installed, the build environment has to be setup. The following batch files setup the environment. SetNWBld.bat The Execution of this file takes 2 parameters as input. The first being the NetWare SDK path, second being the path for CodeWarrior Compiler & tools. Execution of this file sets these paths and also sets the build type to Release by default. Buildtype.bat This is used to set the build type to debug or release. Change the build type only after executing SetNWBld.bat Example: 1. Typing "buildtype d on" at the command prompt causes the buildtype to be set to Debug type with D2 flag set. 2. Typing "buildtype d off" or "buildtype d" at the command prompt causes the buildtype to be set to Debug type with D1 flag set. 3. Typing "buildtype r" at the command prompt sets it to Release Build type. Make The make process runs only under WinNT shell. The NetWare makefile is located under the NetWare folder. This makes use of miniperl.exe to run some of the Perl scripts. To create miniperl.exe, first set the required paths for Visual c++ compiler (specify vcvars32 location) at the command prompt. Then run nmake from win32 folder through WinNT command prompt. The build process can be stopped after miniperl.exe is created. Then run nmake from NetWare folder through WinNT command prompt. Currently the following two build types are tested on NetWare: o USE_MULTI, USE_ITHREADS & USE_IMP_SYS defined o USE_MULTI & USE_IMP_SYS defined and USE_ITHREADS not defined Interpreter Once miniperl.exe creation is over, run nmake from the NetWare folder. This will build the Perl interpreter for NetWare as perl.nlm. This is copied under the Release folder if you are doing a release build, else will be copied under Debug folder for debug builds. Extensions The make process also creates the Perl extensions as <Extension.nlm> INSTALL
To install NetWare Perl onto a NetWare server, first map the Sys volume of a NetWare server to i:. This is because the makefile by default sets the drive letter to i:. Type nmake nwinstall from NetWare folder on a WinNT command prompt. This will copy the binaries and module files onto the NetWare server under sys:Perl folder. The Perl interpreter, perl.nlm, is copied under sys:perlsystem folder. Copy this to sys:system folder. Example: At the command prompt Type "nmake nwinstall". This will install NetWare Perl on the NetWare Server. Similarly, if you type "nmake install", this will cause the binaries to be installed on the local machine. (Typically under the c:perl folder) BUILD NEW EXTENSIONS
To build extensions other than standard extensions, NetWare Perl has to be installed on Windows along with Windows Perl. The Perl for Windows can be either downloaded from the CPAN site and built using the sources, or the binaries can be directly downloaded from the ActiveState site. Installation can be done by invoking nmake install from the NetWare folder on a WinNT command prompt after building NetWare Perl by following steps given above. This will copy all the *.pm files and other required files. Documentation files are not copied. Thus one must first install Windows Perl, Then install NetWare Perl. Once this is done, do the following to build any extension: o Change to the extension directory where its source files are present. o Run the following command at the command prompt: perl -II<path to NetWare lib dir> -II<path to lib> Makefile.pl Example: perl -Ic:/perl/5.6.1/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread -Ic:perl5.6.1lib MakeFile.pl or perl -Ic:/perl/5.8.0/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread -Ic:perl5.8.0lib MakeFile.pl o nmake o nmake install Install will copy the files into the Windows machine where NetWare Perl is installed and these files may have to be copied to the NetWare server manually. Alternatively, pass INSTALLSITELIB=i:perllib as an input to makefile.pl above. Here i: is the mapped drive to the sys: volume of the server where Perl on NetWare is installed. Now typing nmake install, will copy the files onto the NetWare server. Example: You can execute the following on the command prompt. perl -Ic:/perl/5.6.1/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread -Ic:perl5.6.1lib MakeFile.pl INSTALLSITELIB=i:perllib or perl -Ic:/perl/5.8.0/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread -Ic:perl5.8.0lib MakeFile.pl INSTALLSITELIB=i:perllib o Note: Some modules downloaded from CPAN may require NetWare related API in order to build on NetWare. Other modules may however build smoothly with or without minor changes depending on the type of module. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The makefile for Win32 is used as a reference to create the makefile for NetWare. Also, the make process for NetWare port uses miniperl.exe to run scripts during the make and installation process. AUTHORS
Anantha Kesari H Y (hyanantha@novell.com) Aditya C (caditya@novell.com) DATE
o Created - 18 Jan 2001 o Modified - 25 June 2001 o Modified - 13 July 2001 o Modified - 28 May 2002 perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 PERLNETWARE(1)