Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cooler GPU
Special Forums Hardware Cooler GPU Post 302927219 by figaro on Monday 1st of December 2014 03:09:10 PM
Old 12-01-2014
For the record, the upgrade from Centos 6.5 to Centos 7 was performed again and we have been experiencing no higher temperature than 45C, routinely lower than 40C. This is the case for the last two months, so problem seems solved.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Tracing the GPU usage

Hello, Can give me some tips to trace the GPU usage on a solaris8 update7 box? I try to understand why a Cadcam app is so slow on my Solaris box compared to a win$ box. I guess it comes from the poor graphic card I have but i would like to emphasize it. My bench is 150sec long on a Solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solea
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPU and CUDA

Hi , i want begin programming using CUDA which enviroment can i get .I don't have desktop to buy GPU graphics card. what should to do to get CUDA enviroment. i'm thinking to buy desktop has this card or laptop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

3. Hardware

External GPU issue

Dear all, I set up a external Gforce GPU using the PE4H (Pcie passive adapter) from HWTOOLS.NET. I'm able to add and remove the device doing and The point is the kernel does not initialized the device correctly. Here is what dmesg gives after the scan: lspci -t gives and lspci... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aihake
2 Replies

4. Hardware

CUDA GPU terminates process at random instances

I am trying to start troubleshooting an error on a virtual server that uses the ubuntu 14.04 OS. Basically what happens (seeming random) is that the GPU stops processing and terminates. What Imean by seeming random is that for 3 runs there is no error then on run 4 the error appears. It has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

5. Hardware

How disabling GPU?

Hi All I'm find out a way to disable the DGD: AMD Radeon HD 7470M on my Ubutu 16.04.2 LTS because radeon open source module is not capable to support this GPU and consequence the boot is very slow. I have tried serveral way with pci-stub.ids in the grub menu but not work. In general how... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Fabio_79
11 Replies

6. Linux

Vfio passtrough gpu, a question about hdmi

The situation videocard n°1 Nvidia Ge-force(used on host linux) videocard n°2 Ati radeon(used on guest windows 7) host is Slackware 14.2,kernel 4.18.15 I had set vfio to pass a ati card to windows7 guest Configure /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf options vfio-pci... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
pset_destroy(2) 						System Calls Manual						   pset_destroy(2)

NAME
pset_destroy() - destroy a processor set SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function destroys the processor set pset, releasing all constituent processors and processes by default. The processors and processes are reassigned to the system default processor set. Once destroyed, the pset identifier becomes available for new processor sets that may be created in the future. The behavior when attempting to destroy a non-empty processor set may be controlled by changing the attribute of the processor set through the function. See pset_getattr(2). The following values are supported for the attribute: Reassign all processors in the pset to the system default processor set. Migrate all threads and processes bound to the pset to the system default proces- sor set. Make the request fail with if there are any threads or processes bound to pset or if there are processors assigned to the pset. Make the request fail with only if there are active threads or processes bound to the processor set. Otherwise, perform the operation by reassigning the processors in the pset to the system default processor set. If the threads and processes being reassigned to the default processor set have some binding to a processor or a locality domain in the pset being destroyed, their binding is reassigned to a processor or a locality domain in the system default processor set. A user with the privilege or a user with WRITE permission on the pset may destroy the processor set pset. The system default processor set may never be destroyed. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. Note on Logical Processor and Hyper-Threading Feature On systems with the Hyper-Threading (HT) feature enabled at the firmware level, each processor core may have more than one hyper-thread per physical processor core. Each hyper-thread is represented to the operating system and applications as a logical processor (LCPU). Due to the processor set contract, which specifies that applications bound to a processor set have complete and exclusive control of all processor cores within that processor set, migration of processors between two processor sets is done at the processor core granularity. For destruction of a processor set migrates a set of processor cores to the default processor set. Depending on the source processor set and the default processor set's the number of logical processors visible to the users and applications may change. EXAMPLES
Destroy a processor set with the processor set ID of pset. RETURN VALUE
returns zero on successful completion. Otherwise, -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following is true: The attribute value for the processor set does not allow deletion of a non-empty processor set. The operation was interrupted. pset is not a valid processor set. The processor set functionality is not supported by the underlying HP-UX version. The user does not have necessary permissions to destroy a processor set or the system default processor set was specified. SEE ALSO
psrset(1M), pset_assign(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_ctl(2), pset_getattr(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). pset_destroy(2)