Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Multi-bit ECC Error on X4100 M2 Server Sun Fire Post 302924884 by achenle on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 11:10:25 PM
Old 11-13-2014
Did you use ECC memory?

Did you use IBM memory, or something off-the-shelf?

What are the BIOS memory settings?

Either you used the wrong memory, the BIOS settings are incorrect, or your memory is bad.

And IBM servers tend to work only with IBM memory. You might get them to work with non-IBM memory, but you're lucky if it works.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to telnet from win xp to sun fire v880 server

Hi everybody i am trying to telnet to sun server from win xp machine but getting message "x21 error connection closed by remote user". i had make changes in /etc/default/login & /etc/fuser file still i have not getting telnet access. my win xp machines ip is 10.205.121.177 & sun server ip is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Does the Sun fire x4100 support HVM?

I have looked all over the bios configuration to enable hardware virtualization and found nothing. Could someone tell if this server support it and if so where I go to enable that feature. By the way this is a x86 server. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create Logical domain in Sun Fire T2000 server

Hi I am fresher in Virtualisation in solaris 10.I need to know how to install and configure guest OS, I have a server Sun T2000 with solaris 10 OS BASE. How to install logical domain, what are the prerequest for installing l domain can some one guide me what are the basic requirement to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire V240 server Fan replacement

I have a sun fire v240 server. The output of prtdiag -v shows a failed fan. There are 3 fans for cooling system board. There is 1 fan for each of the powersupply (There are 2 powersupplies) From the below output how do i know which fan is bad and whats its location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Need Help, I want to reset password for Sun Fire T2000 Server

============================== ALOM BOOTMON v1.3.1 ALOM Build Release: 001 Reset register: f0000000 EHRS ESRS LLRS SWRS ALOM POST 1.0 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. TTYC - Internal Loopback Test TTYC -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sameer Naik
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Install on Sun Fire X4100 network issues

Hi I have two Sun Fire X4100 machines with Ubuntu 12.04 installed on them. I am able to configure the Net Mgt port with an IP address and access the ILOM from the browser. I can also boot the Ubuntu installed and redirect the output. The issue i have is that when i configure the network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server

Hi Solaris/Unix Experts, I've installed Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 on a Sun Fire V490 Server via its external Serial Port using a Cisco Console Cable connected to my Laptop PC running SecureCRT terminal emulation software emulating VT100 Terminal. The Sun Fire V490 server has two on-board... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
VIOMB(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  VIOMB(4)

NAME
viomb -- VirtIO memory ballooning driver SYNOPSIS
virtio* at pci? dev ? function ? viomb* at virtio? DESCRIPTION
virtio(4) defines an interface for efficient, standard, and extensible I/O between the hypervisor and the virtual machine. The viomb driver supports the virtio-compliant memory ballooning device. Memory ballooning works as follows: 1. The host operator requests a guest to return some amount of memory to the host (via e.g. Qemu monitor balloon command). 2. The hypervisor sends the request via VirtIO memory ballooning device. 3. The guest viomb driver requests allocation of that amount of physical memory from the NetBSD memory management system. 4. The viomb device tells the hypervisor the guest physical memory address of the allocated memory via VirtIO memory ballooning device. The sysctl node hw.viomb.npages shows the requested number of memory pages to return to the hypervisor, while hw.viomb.actual shows the actual number of memory pages that are already returned to the hypervisor. SEE ALSO
virtio(4), sysctl(8) Rusty Russell, IBM Corporation, Virtio PCI Card Specification, http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/virtio-spec/. HISTORY
The viomb device driver appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BUGS
The userland interface should be same as the Xen ballooning device. BSD
November 26, 2011 BSD