Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora How to download latest version of cmake using tar xzf? Post 302924475 by sea on Monday 10th of November 2014 05:03:26 AM
Old 11-10-2014
You're using a RedHad based linux, thus you should have yum which is a package manager.
Though, on Fedora only cmake 2.8.12.2 is available, not sure which versions will be available on/with el6.

Either way, try:
Code:
sudo yum update cmake

Hope this helps

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the latest version of Unix?

I want to buy it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LANSTARR.COM
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unlogical error on tar xzf

Hi all, I'm disapointing : This morning I have successfully tar/gzip (tar czf) some directories to generate archives. These archives have been created in a directory named /save, on "/" FS. After this operation, a system administrator have "on-my-demand" rebuild discs architecture except the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
5 Replies

3. BSD

latest version of bsd

Any body there ? What is latest BSD version ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilaka
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory

Dear all, Hope you are doing well. I am in trouble to write a shell for ftp downloading the latest file from remote server. Situation: There is a directory named 'weekly' which contains .csv files with the following pattern: RES_EN_100417-080003.csv.Z. The new file is generated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel1014
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Download latest Ubuntu version from linux command

I have ubuntu 10.4 on my system and want to download newer Ubuntu version like 11.04. Is there any linux command(something like apt-get source used for downloading kernel source) using which I can download directly the newer ubuntu relaease? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Want to download a latest file with current date from FTP location

Dear Friends, I need help to write a shell / perl script to download the files from FTP location, having different file names (date inside the file name). Example: Mar 5 09:24 cfx_03052013_return_file.txt Mar 6 02:13 cfx_03062013_return_file.txt Mar 7 06:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem to download cmake extra modules v 1.7

Hello. I am currently trying to compile kde-baseapps. I issue this command: which returns So I need this ECM stuff. I found this: extra-cmake-modules.git - Extra modules and scripts for CMake.. When I click in the corresponding link in the column, I receive this: This also happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
2 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)