Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Building Linux cluster for mechanical engineering software Post 302919348 by figaro on Tuesday 30th of September 2014 04:33:50 PM
Old 09-30-2014
I think if you embark on something that has the potential to become quite large, you should not overreach. Start with something that works for you, even if not all the details are implemented yet. More than likely you will find that you do not need everything you listed.
You will get very far with Scientific Linux as you already mentioned. Have you also looked into Rocks Cluster (www.rocksclusters.org | Rocks Website), which has a lot of what you will need right out of the box.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

building and running a software in different linux kernel versions

my Querry is if i build a software on a specific linux kernel and then try to run it on another linux kernel ....what can be the possible problems or what errors can most probably appear while running the binary in an updated version of linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Building a Linux Virtual Server cluster

Hi Guys, I'm busy building a LVS-NAT cluster on Red-Hat server 5.1 and I need a kernel that has LVS capabilities for a red-hat server 5.1. Is the anyone who can advise me where I can get this kernel. I have already visited the following site Ultra Monkey: and this has old kernels e.g. 2.4.20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Duke
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Free Cluster software with Red Hat Linux 5.0

Hi, I would like to know wheather any free cluster software is coming with Red Hat Ent Linux Medias? or needs to be purchased seperately. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies
ditz(1) 																   ditz(1)

NAME
ditz - simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker SYNOPSIS
ditz [ options ] command [ arguments ] To list all available commands, use ditz help. To get help for a specific command, use ditz help command. DESCRIPTION
Ditz is a simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker designed to work with distributed version control systems like darcs and git. Ditz maintains an issue database directory on disk, with files written in a line-based and human- editable format. This directory is kept under version control alongside project code. Changes in issue state is handled by version control like code change: included as part of a com- mit, merged with changes from other developers, conflict-resolved in the standard manner, etc. Ditz provides a simple, console-based interface for creating and updating the issue database files, and some rudimentary HTML generation capabilities for producing world-readable status pages. It offers no central public method of bug submission. AUTHOR
ditz was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-ditz@masanjin.net>. This manpage was written for the Debian package of ditz by Christian Garbs <debian@cgarbs.de>. LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2008 William Morgan. This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 0.5 ditz(1)