Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How to protect system from cloning? Post 302916293 by drl on Monday 8th of September 2014 03:17:26 PM
Old 09-08-2014
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Installimat
Many thanks for your answer, unSpawn, I really appreciate your time and interest.

This appears to be posted in response to the question on another Linux forum, namely Linux Questions, post # 3 in thread How to protect system from cloning?

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password protect a file

I have created a PHP page that I use to clean files on my machine. I would like to leave the file there but I want to password protect it so that I am the only one that can run it from the shell. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. -Cam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perryl7
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protect from rm /

We recently had an accidental delete from /. I hold the root password but others are allowed to sudo over to root to perform admin tasks. The only way I want to permit deletion from / is by physically being root (su -). I'd like to add a line to the sudoers file which would permit all commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

4. AIX

Problem cloning system

Hi everyone, I want to clone a AIX 5.2 system from a machine to another one. So i modified bosinst.data and image.data files (according to future platform) before making mksysb on old platform. After booting on CD and restoring system using mksysb tape, the installation is launched but ever... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgaulois
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full System Backup / Cloning HPUX

I am new to UNIX and need help in cloning a HPUX 10.2 Ace 5, can anybody please guide me in making a full system backup. Real Chess (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cloning a solaris system

I have several Solaris 8,9 and 10 servers. I need to refresh them and avoid doing any OS upgrades. I may have to apply patches when I am done due to the new hardware. My current servers have internal disk and my new target servers (same processor types) will have only SAN storage. Once the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzqv9p
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

protect process

how to protect my process from others to kill?? Double post, continued here, thread closed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrintu
0 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Archiveadm system cloning - Solaris 11.4

Hi all, I am trying to use archiveadm to backup/clone an existing Solaris11.4 system. However, i failed at media creation with the error -> "Media can only be created from archives containing root-only data" root@xxx:/mnt/opt/software# zpool list NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CAP DEDUP ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies
Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)

NAME
Arch::LiteWeb - simple way to access web pages SYNOPSIS
my $web = Arch::LiteWeb->new; my $content = $web->get("http://some.domain:81/some/path"); die $web->error . " while processing " . $web->request_url unless $content; my $content_type = $web->response_headers->{content_type}; DESCRIPTION
This class provides a basic and easy to use support for the client-side HTTP. It is supplied in order to avoid dependency on LWP. If such dependency is not a problem, consider to use LWP instead that provides much better support for HTTP and other protocols. METHODS
The following class methods are available: get, post, request_url, error, error_with_url, network_error, response_code, response_codestr, response_error, response_headers, response_content. get url [params ...] Execute HTTP get of the given url and return the html string or undef on network/response error. Use other methods to get the details about the error and the response. params is key-value hash, the following keys are supported: url_host - only used if url is none url_port - only used if url is none(80) url_path - only used if url is none endl - default is "1512" timeout - default is 20 seconds user_agent - default is "Arch::LiteWeb/0.1" nocache - add a no-cache header noredirect - don't follow redirect responses max_redirect_depth - default is 5 use_proxy - default is false proxy_url - proxy url ($http_proxy supported too) proxy_host - only used if proxy_url is none proxy_port - only used if proxy_url is none(80) post url input [params] Not implemented yet. request_url Actual url of the last issued request or undef. If partial redirect responses are enabled, then the result is the last (non-redirect) url. error If the last request resulted in error (i.e. get/post returned undef), then this method returns the error message, otherwise it returns undef. This is just a shortcut for network_error || response_error. error_with_url Like error, but with " while fetching request_url " text appended if non undef. network_error The network error message for the last request or undef. response_error The response error message for the last request or undef. response_code The last response code (integer) or undef. response_codestr The last response code (string) or undef. response_headers The last response headers (hashref of HTTP headers) or undef. response_content The last response content or undef. This is the same thing that the last get/post returns. BUGS
Not intended for use in mission-critical applications. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman (migo@homemail.com--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel). SEE ALSO
For more information, see LWP, LWP::Simple. perl v5.10.1 2005-03-25 Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)