Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Problem with wireless network Post 302913898 by DGPickett on Wednesday 20th of August 2014 03:23:19 PM
Old 08-20-2014
Inssider seems to cost now, but I got good results from vistumbler on windows and linSSID on LINUX. There is a nice android free app, too. Wi-Fi Analytics. Any of them can tell you what the competition is, where the sweet spot is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Wireless Network

At the moment, I have three computers at home. I want to use boardband for my three computers. But I don't want to use network at home. I have been looking for a product which call OriNoCo USB Cilent. How do I connect to the internet with my computer?? If I post this in a wrong place, please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: him
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Wireless-G network

Hi, I have a laptop with a Linksys Wireless G PCMCIA card and a cable connection goin into a router and then a patch lead from the router going to a Linksys Wireless G access point IP 192.168.1.245 with DHCP disabled. I can connect to the access point from the laptop, but how do I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 10 wireless network setup

I installed solaris 10 x86 on my dell laptop on a partition alongside windows xp. I am able to connect to the internet in xp with both my ethernet local area connection as well as through my wireless network card. But, however i do not have clue as to how to go about it in solaris. i did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakes20
0 Replies

4. Linux

Wireless network card performance

I am running FC4: Linux maincomp 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4smp I recently changed the OS from windows XP, and have a feeling that for some reason my wireless network card is slower on Fedora Core 4. The Belkin PCI 802.11b card was automatically detected and configured by FC4 when I installed the OS,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Monitoring network traffic on wireless router

Hi all, How can I monitor packet traffic on my wireless router? Some info - my wireless router is netgear wgr614 - everyone can connect it i.e. no password required - I would like to see where they connect, how they are using the internet connection I installed wireshark and captured... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
3 Replies

6. Hardware

identify wireless network card

hi Howto identify wireless network card using Live CD? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Wireless network not working

Hi, I am a new to Ubuntu linux and trying to learn it. I am using ubuntu 10.04. I am getting problem in setting my wireless network. I set it up properly and was working fine. But suddenly it stopped working, though the wireless icon saying that it is connected, but can't load any page. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_learner
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

[SOLVED] Wireless Network Setup

Hi, I am trying to set up a wireless internet connection on my centos OS (6). I can connect via the copper using the internal LAN but cannot get the wireless connection working. The 2 files that I have configured are: My wpa_supplicant.conf: ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Problematic RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter

Good Day All, There are numerous results when searching google on this issue, however, none seem to have a solution. I have read until my eyes bleed and banged my head on the table more than once! :) I am hoping to resolve this issue -- or at least have a decent workaround. It is a real... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
13 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Could not connect to wireless network

I run lubuntu from usb (try lubuntu, it's not install on my pc ) And i try to connect to network I see the network name And i put the pass But it's not connect.. I tried to open hot spot on my phone and try to connect and it's not connect I have edumax n150 Try to install new driver -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popcoern
0 Replies
wicd-cli(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       wicd-cli(8)

NAME
wicd-cli - command-line interface to wicd SYNOPSIS
wicd-cli [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wicd-cli command. wicd-cli is a scriptable command-line only "client" for wicd. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -n network-id, --network=network-id Specify which network wicd-cli should act on. -p property, --network-property=property Show property from network details. -s value, --set-to=value Set selected property to value -m name, --name=name Set the name for the profile to load/save to name. -S, --scan Scan available wireless networks. -w, --save Save the network connection profile. -l, --list-networks List the networks WICD has in its cache. -d, --network-details Show details of selected network. -x, --disconnect Disconnect from the current network. -c, --connect Connect to the selected network. -e, --list-encryption-types View the available encryption templates WICD can use. -y, --wireless Use the wireless interface. -z, --wired Use the wired interface. -o, --load-profile Load a wired connection profile. SEE ALSO
wicd(1), wicd-client(1), wicd-gtk(8), wicd-curses(8) AUTHOR
wicd-cli was written by Ronuk Raval. This manual page was written by David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Dec 2009 wicd-cli(8)