Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on Ssh using sudo
Special Forums Cybersecurity Help on Ssh using sudo Post 302913539 by anandk on Monday 18th of August 2014 10:18:51 AM
Old 08-18-2014
Help on Ssh using sudo

I'm confused in the configuration of sudoers for one group of users.
The users need to execute a app from a remote machine, in this local machine they want me to allow ssh for them using sudo
for eg. sudo -u admin ssh -X euadmin@<IP address of remote> <remote script which opens a gui>

It should work, so in the sudoers file I added this
Code:
Cmnd_Alias    MGW_SSH = /usr/bin/ssh *-X euadmin@<IP address of remote> <remote script which opens a gui>*

The problem with this is that even though this group of users were able to execute the application to open the GUI, but this opens up a security hole where the users are able to ssh to any server using the admin role like sudo -u admin master would work perfectly and the user is able to log into other servers without password I don't want this to happen.

Is there a way I can restrict these users only to run ssh for a specific server? I did search a bit but couldn't find a proper solution, so thought of contacting the expert.

regards,
Anand.K

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-19-2014 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: Spelling and grammar, adding ICODE tags for in-line code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xwindows over ssh after sudo?

ok...I'm stumped on this one. I cannot figure out how to carry over my environment variables with a sudo command. I need to install an application under root and only have sudo access to get there. I can use ssh -Y <host> and launch an xwindows session successfully as myself but as soon as I sudo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hello, Can you config sudo to use the passphrase in the user ssh-key instead of the one in the passwd? Some users do not have local passwords on the system and instead of adding the NOPASSWD in sudoers I would like the solution I asked about above. Thx Jocke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hi, I would like to know how i can perform a task, while performing ssh, sudo and command at the same time. What I generally do is I ssh to the server, where i created private and public, so it does not prompt me for password all the time. Then i need to run "sudo su - ldaprole" to get into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh and sudo login

Hi, I am trying to execute some command, via ssh and sudo. Here is what i want to do. ssh localhost | sudo su - ldaprole | ls -ltrh However, this command gives me listing of my home directory, and not of ldaprole. If I logic directly, when i perform sudo su - ldaprole, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo Password Prompt over SSH

I am not sure what I am missing here. I have the following identical entry in /etc/sudoers on multiple Red Hat 6.4 servers. icinga ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/yum --security --exclude\="kernel*" check-update On one server when I enter the command over SSH as follows it works fine. ssh -t -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh & sudo

when the following command is issued the command prompt is received, how do I get past this? ssh -t usera@hosta sudo su - userb -c id (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in creating Sudo ssh script

Hi Experts, I am new to Shell scripting. I want to login to a server using a script. The normal command I use is --> sudo ssh <Servername> . when i tried putting this into a txt format file and tried running, it throw an error "can't execute". I am an Admin and i have root access. Any help would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tom1989
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh does not support sqlplus and sudo -i?

Hey everybody, currently I am having an issue that I need to open an ssh session to a remote host, once on the remote host I need to use sudo and then execute sqlplus. Once the sqlplus call is open I need to execute one command while the sqlplus is active. For example show sga. I already got so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h1kelds
3 Replies
pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)							PAM						     pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)

PAM_SSH_AGENT_AUTH
       This module provides authentication via ssh-agent.  If an ssh-agent listening at SSH_AUTH_SOCK can successfully authenticate that it has
       the secret key for a public key in the specified file, authentication is granted, otherwise authentication fails.

SUMMARY
/etc/pam.d/sudo: auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/etc/security/authorized_keys /etc/sudoers: Defaults env_keep += "SSH_AUTH_SOCK" This configuration would permit anyone who has an SSH_AUTH_SOCK that manages the private key matching a public key in /etc/security/authorized_keys to execute sudo without having to enter a password. Note that the ssh-agent listening to SSH_AUTH_SOCK can either be local, or forwarded. Unlike NOPASSWD, this still requires an authentication, it's just that the authentication is provided by ssh-agent, and not password entry. ARGUMENTS
file=<path to authorized_keys> Specify the path to the authorized_keys file(s) you would like to use for authentication. Subject to tilde and % EXPANSIONS (below) allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file A flag which enables authorized_keys files to be owned by the invoking user, instead of root. This flag is enabled automatically whenever the expansions %h or ~ are used. debug A flag which enables verbose logging sudo_service_name=<service name you compiled sudo to use> (when compiled with --enable-sudo-hack) Specify the service name to use to identify the service "sudo". When the PAM_SERVICE identifier matches this string, and if PAM_RUSER is not set, pam_ssh_agent_auth will attempt to identify the calling user from the environment variable SUDO_USER. This defaults to "sudo". EXPANSIONS
~ -- same as in shells, a user's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file if used in the context of ~/. If used as ~user/, it would expect the file to be owned by 'user', unless you explicitely set allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %h -- User's Home directory Automatically enables allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file %H -- The short-hostname %u -- Username %f -- FQDN EXAMPLES
in /etc/pam.d/sudo "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~/.ssh/authorized_keys" The default .ssh/authorized_keys file in a user's home-directory "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=%h/.ssh/authorized_keys" Same as above. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=~fred/.ssh/authorized_keys" If the home-directory of user 'fred' was /home/fred, this would expand to /home/fred/.ssh/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by 'fred'. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%H/%u/authorized_keys allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so fred would be able to manage that authorized_keys file himself. "auth sufficient pam_ssh_agent_auth.so file=/secure/%f/%u/authorized_keys" On a host named foobar.baz.com, and a user named fred, would expand to /secure/foobar.baz.com/fred/authorized_keys. In this case, we have not specified allow_user_owned_authorized_keys_file, so this file must be owned by root. v0.8 2009-08-09 pam_ssh_agent_auth(8)