Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Linux not booting when keyboard is unplugged Post 302900074 by baris35 on Saturday 3rd of May 2014 08:00:28 PM
Old 05-03-2014
Thanks for your suggestions,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
When does it get stuck? During the "BIOS" part of the boot, or the linux part?
get stuck on bios status. Ubuntu does not come alive..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Either:

1. Look in the PC BIOS to see if there's a setting (which may allow the machine to boot without a keyboard)

or

2. Buy another keyboard.
I will check once again bios settings.

All the best
Boris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux 7.2, Keyboard Problem!

I recently tried to install Linux 7.2 on my home PC (Compaq), and it did not recognise my keyboard. I could not proceed with the installation as I could not type anything. I installed 6.2 and it worked fine???????????. I was wondering if anybody has encountered this problem (very frustrating). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camerja1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

booting up in Redhat Linux 7.1

When I created the redhat installation, I configured it to boot directly into GNOME, but now I want it to boot into the shell login screen. How can I change that? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Dual booting Linux and Solaris

Ok, so I'm a bit new to the whole Unix/Linux thing, but I'm no stranger to dual booting... However, the problem that I am having is that I am unable to create a dual boot with Unix (in this case I's using Sun Solaris 9.0 x86) and for linux either RH 9 or Mandrake 9.1, but for the purpose of just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndroidI6
1 Replies

4. Linux

Booting Linux from an USB stick

I got Puppy linux and installed it on a usb stick. In the BIOS i selected to boot from USB-FDD but it goes to my HD and ignores the USB stick, What going on ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Big Problem in LINUX Booting

i have some problem in linux booting will u please help me the problem is i was using federo core 1 on my system everything was fine i made one entry in /etc/fstab file for accessing E drive of WINDOWS XP in that i had given file system as VFAT after rebooting system it was not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: great_indian
1 Replies

6. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Problem while booting linux

Hi all, We are using linux Redhat 9. While booting the server, it says /proc not mounted and it says "Segmentation fault" and doesn't continue with booting. Basically, it started while we inserted a pen drive and removed it without mounting and un mounting it. After removing the pen drive &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
1 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem booting a linux (RAID5)

Hello, we have a problem with our system, a machine with a RAID5: - We can boot the system from CD only, if we try to boot from hard-disk the GRUB seems to be "freezed". What is the difference, why we can boot from CD if something is wrong? - Allways we retreive an error like: "raid array is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
6 Replies

9. Debian

Linux booting options

Here is my question, a few years back I was sitting in an airplane and saw the movie display for all the passengers in the back of all the seats boot up. You could see the all too familiar boot-up-scrolling text that we are all used to with Linux. But probably only a few other folks on the plane... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caleb8
2 Replies
KEYTAB-LILO.PL(8)														 KEYTAB-LILO.PL(8)

NAME
keytab-lilo - compile keytables files for use with LILO SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/keytab-lilo [-p R old_code = new_code ] ... [default_layout] kbd_layout DESCRIPTION
keytab-lilo is a program which compiles keytable definitions (in the format specified in keytables(5)) into a format which can be used by lilo(8) to set the keyboard type when booting [using the keytable parameter in /etc/lilo.conf]. kbd_layout should be the name of a map file which specifies the desired keyboard layout. This file may be a gzip(1) compressed map. If no file extension is given, .map.gz is assumed. If the full pathname is not specified, /usr/share/keymaps/ is assumed. Since lilo essentially needs to know the differences between the BIOS keyboard mapping and the one you require, the default_layout file should contain a keytables(5) file for the BIOS default mapping. If no default_layout file is specified, us.map.gz is used. keytab-lilo writes the output translation table as a binary string to standard output, so you should redirect it to a suitable file. lilo has no particular restrictions on the name of keyboard translation files, but the suggested naming convention and location is /boot/map- ping.ktl (where .ktl stands for "Keyboard Table for Lilo"). OPTIONS
-p R old_code = new_code Specifies corrections ("patches") to the mapping obtained from the translation table files. E.g. if pressing the upper case "A" should yield an at sign, -p 65=64 would be used. The -p option can be repeated any number of times. The codes can also be given as hexadecimal or as octal numbers if they are prefixed with 0x or 0, respectively. EXAMPLES
keytab-lilo dvorak >/boot/dvorak.ktl This is the most common form of invocation; it simply compiles the given map file (in this case dvorak) and puts the result in /boot/dvorak.ktl. AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@bernina.ethz.ch). Peter Maydell (pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk) wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
lilo(8), keytables(5), gzip(1) lilo comes with extensive documentation which can be found in /usr/share/doc/lilo-doc/ on Debian-based systems. April 1998 KEYTAB-LILO.PL(8)