Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD A question about BSD kernel and driver Post 302897361 by Linusolaradm1 on Sunday 13th of April 2014 04:50:26 PM
Old 04-13-2014
Very bad Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

BSD Accelerated NVIDIA Driver Petition

hello ppl, me and a friend, tired of waiting for nvidia to help the community creating a nvidia driver for bsd, decided to make yet another petition to deliver nvidia as a way of protest. didn't we buy a nvidia card just like a common windows or linux user? didn't we pay for it? so, why... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel and Device Driver Programming

I am looking for a guide on how to program for either the Linux or FreeBSD (includes 4.4BSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD) kernel. I would prefer to learn how to write device drivers, but anything would help. If you know, please email me at *removed* or leave a post here Regards, Farhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farhan
0 Replies

3. Linux

Linux Device Driver: avoid mem copy from/to user/kernel space

I recently started working with Linux and wrote my first device driver for a hardware chip controlled by a host CPU running Linux 2.6.x kernel. 1. The user space process makes an IOCTL call with pointer to a user memory buffer. 2. The kernel device driver in the big switch-case of IOCTL,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

4. BSD

BSD Kernel Source Code

Hi I need the BSD core (kernel) operating system Please let me download link I'm from Iran Please help me Thank you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepadl71
1 Replies

5. BSD

BSD kernel

Hi. I am thinking to create an OS. I don't want to use linux kernel. I want to use BSD Kernel and this also means that because will be on UFS, I cannot use Gparted. This are my 2 questions. 1) Where can I download BSD Kernel. 2) Witch is the tool to create the partitions. (I think is gpart but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snuffell
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Is Kernel module is the same as a device driver?

I have been reading prep questions for my second unix academy exam, and there's a nuance, I'm not sure I understand it correctly. I've been under impression from my readings of book by Evi Nemeth and from unix academy DVDs I've been watching, that kernel's modules are drivers. I think of it, as... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
25 Replies

7. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Kernel panics : trying to write / read on tiny tty driver

I'm a beginner to the Linux programming and trying my hands on some device driver examples while practising. The below code (a trimmed down version of tiny_tty.c from ldd3 book) loads perfectly using insmod and I'm able to see it in /proc/tty/drivers , /proc/modules and device nodes are getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwsdiwa
1 Replies
LEGENDRE(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       LEGENDRE(3)

NAME
PDL::GSLSF::LEGENDRE - PDL interface to GSL Special Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Special Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
Functions FUNCTIONS
gsl_sf_legendre_Pl Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int l) P_l(x) gsl_sf_legendre_Pl does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_Pl_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int l=>num) P_l(x) from 0 to n-1. gsl_sf_legendre_Pl_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_Ql Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int l) Q_l(x) gsl_sf_legendre_Ql does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_Plm Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int l; int m) P_lm(x) gsl_sf_legendre_Plm does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_Plm_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int l=>num; int m) P_lm(x) for l from 0 to n-2+m. gsl_sf_legendre_Plm_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_sphPlm Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int l; int m) P_lm(x), normalized properly for use in spherical harmonics gsl_sf_legendre_sphPlm does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_sphPlm_array Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(num); int n=>num; int m) P_lm(x), normalized properly for use in spherical harmonics for l from 0 to n-2+m. gsl_sf_legendre_sphPlm_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_conicalP_half Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double lambda) Irregular Spherical Conical Function P^{1/2}_{-1/2 + I lambda}(x) gsl_sf_conicalP_half does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_conicalP_mhalf Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double lambda) Regular Spherical Conical Function P^{-1/2}_{-1/2 + I lambda}(x) gsl_sf_conicalP_mhalf does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_conicalP_0 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double lambda) Conical Function P^{0}_{-1/2 + I lambda}(x) gsl_sf_conicalP_0 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_conicalP_1 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); double lambda) Conical Function P^{1}_{-1/2 + I lambda}(x) gsl_sf_conicalP_1 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_conicalP_sph_reg Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int l; double lambda) Regular Spherical Conical Function P^{-1/2-l}_{-1/2 + I lambda}(x) gsl_sf_conicalP_sph_reg does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_conicalP_cyl_reg_e Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int m; double lambda) Regular Cylindrical Conical Function P^{-m}_{-1/2 + I lambda}(x) gsl_sf_conicalP_cyl_reg_e does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_H3d Signature: (double [o]y(); double [o]e(); int l; double lambda; double eta) lth radial eigenfunction of the Laplacian on the 3-dimensional hyperbolic space. gsl_sf_legendre_H3d does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_legendre_H3d_array Signature: (double [o]y(num); int l=>num; double lambda; double eta) Array of H3d(ell), for l from 0 to n-1. gsl_sf_legendre_H3d_array does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
This file copyright (C) 1999 Christian Pellegrin <chri@infis.univ.trieste.it> All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. The GSL SF modules were written by G. Jungman. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 LEGENDRE(3)