Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Need Help with this TCPDUMP output... Post 302885389 by Lost in Cyberia on Saturday 25th of January 2014 04:41:22 PM
Old 01-25-2014
Thanks for the reply! So what is this query asking for? Is it asking for a complete list of A records for a certain domain? Are all those A record IP's actually pointing to something?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How To Use tcpdump

I have two net-card. one is 172.16.24.99(ENG) ,another is 172.16.25.99(ENG-B). Both masks is 255.255.255.0. I will monitor data on the tcp port 8055 in ENG, How do I set option of tcpdump command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcpdump

does anybody know what the -d -dd and -ddd options are used for ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ant04
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcpdump in cron

I wrote a short BASH script to run tcpdump and save the output to a log file for when I'm away from my desk. The script runs fine normally, but fails to start in cron. Any ideas? #!/bin/bash today=`date +%Y%m%d` tcpdump -i eth0 -s 1500 -w ${today}.cap & exit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulzeromi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

analyzing tcpdump output

hello, i have a lot of pcap files (tcpdump output) that i want to compare. every tcpdump output has two file, server and client. what i want to do is: 1. take timestamp, source address, destination address, and packet id from each file (server and client) 2. find the packets sent from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slumpia
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

i would like to know about tcpdump

i would like to know about tcpdump i would like to use tcpdump to get information about these - Date - time - source hostname - source mac address - source ip address - destination ip address - see outbound only then i use command like this tcpdump -i le0 -n -q -tttt -e src net... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamnanpol
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

i would like to know about tcpdump

i would like to know about tcpdump i would like to use tcpdump to get information about these - Date - time - source hostname - source mac address - source ip address - destination ip address - see outbound only then i use command like this tcpdump -i le0 -n -q -tttt -e src net... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamnanpol
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a script to parse some tcpdump output

i am trying to write a script to parse some tcpdump output, in each line of the tcpdump output, I know for sure there are 3 keywords exist: User{different usernamehere} NAS_ipaddr{different ip here} Calling_station{ip or dns name here} But the positions for these 3 keywords in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

tcpdump vs. wireshark

Hi, I am trying to capture manually crafted IP packets, created using Scapy, to a pcap file that can later be replayed using tcpreplay. When using wireshark, I can successfully capture these packets and view them in wireshark. However, when using tcpdump, these packets are then shown in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yotamhc
2 Replies

9. Debian

Tcpdump Help !

Hi. Need Help with TcpDump Trying to sniff associatio-request with tcpdump but when i run this tcpdump -i eth0 wlan subtype assoc-req i get this error can anyone help me with this error ? Thanks alot !!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoulZB
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

TCPdump

I've recently started learning to use TCPdump, and I find it pretty interesting. There's one thing I don't understand. When I tell it to capture packets on, say, the WiFi interface en1, it often captures packets sent or received by other hosts on the network. How can it do this? My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
3 Replies
POLYGRAPH-DNS-CFG(1)						   User Commands					      POLYGRAPH-DNS-CFG(1)

NAME
polygraph-dns-cfg - DNS server configuration tool SYNOPSIS
dns-cfg [--option ...] DESCRIPTION
Given a zone name, DNS names, and IP addresses, dns-cfg builds configuration suitable for use with BIND and, perhaps, other DNS servers. Dns-cfg output consists of three parts. The first part is the text to cut-and-paste into BIND's named.conf file. This part is sent to the standard output. The outer two parts are direct and reverse zone files. Those may be quite large and are dumped on disk into the appropri- ately named files. Dns-cfg can use PGL configuration as the source of information. OPTIONS
--help list of options --version package version info --config <filename> PGL configuration --cfg_dirs <dirs> directories for PGL #includes --zone <str> zone name --addresses <str> IP addresses --names <str> domain names COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 The Measurement Factory, Inc. SEE ALSO
polygraph(7) - general information and a list of programs http://www.web-polygraph.org/ - project web site polygraph-dns-cfg - Web Polygraph February 2010 POLYGRAPH-DNS-CFG(1)