Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sending Mails to the Multiple Email Address Post 302881196 by Pramod_009 on Friday 27th of December 2013 04:50:20 AM
Old 12-27-2013
Hi All,

I am unable to send any files with the below code. If the code is ok, then how can i check whether the mail server is working or not.
Operating System : Sun Solaris 5.10
A Prompt reply would be appreciable.

Email="abc@gmail.com"
Subject="FILES STATUS"
echo "file has been sent to XYZ" | mailx -s "${Subject}" "${Email_Recipient}"

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Multiple Files through email

Hi Everyone, I'm using the uuencode command with the mail command to send out emails through a UNIX script. The problems is that i have a number of gif files that i need to attach to a single email but the number and name of the gif files is not static. Example today the folder home/Desktop may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Mass mails

Hi Forum, I am extremely new to unix.Can somebody please help me out with the following: I am supposed to write a script that will ftp a file which is a .csv and conatins the following: Mail-id Path of file abc@xyz.com D:\xyz\abc.htm ash@sde.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iyerdeepa82
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Sending mails using plsql program

I am trying to send an email to personal id using plsql program. I have written a code in plsql using UTL_TCP package where opens the connections and then senda a mail. But when i execute the program mails are not being sent. I typed "mail" command on the unix box and got the below result... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amol_mudholkar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while sending mails through MKS

#!/bin/ksh email0="dummy@company.com" emails() { # mail Generation echo "Hi" | /mapimail -s "-(Test Mail)From Production- `date`" $email0; } emails i receive the following error IDispatch::new MSMAPI.MAPISession failed: 800401f3 at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mails to various users without hard coding the email IDS

Hi Can any one help me out ? I am trying to send an autogenerated mail with an attachment to bulk of users using 'MAILX' and 'UNENCODE' . I have used it as follows X " ( cat /sastemp/body.txt; uuencode Test.xls.gz Test.xls.gz ) | mailx -s 'Testing' ' abcd@yahoo.com , efgh@gmail.com ' " ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
9 Replies

6. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sent to multiple user address?

hi all, This is user that i want sent the email: Email = allan@gmail.com bruce8899@gmail.com Chris@gmail.com echo "$dir : $filecount is over the limit $limit " | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email}" However it cannot sent to 3 user..only sent to 1 user email address. Any 1 can help me... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with multiple files..

Hello,, I am loading data into the 4 tables from 4 different input files. The data gets loaded, and the e-mail is also sent to the user, but the log files for all the 4 files is not been sent.. I am trying to send e-mail to users with the log file as attachment. The script is as follows:... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
30 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron not sending external mails

This script is to send a email if the IP adress is active when i run this script it is working and sending emails to external users in different domains, but when this script is scheduled in a cron it is unable to send the emails #/bin/sh ifconfig -a | grep 192.168.0.1 if ; then mail -s... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from a script & specifying the "from" address

Hello all, I have a requirement to send an email from a shell script. Simple enough. A google search gives thousands of examples. But here's the catch. I need to be able to specify the "from" address, and none of the examples I've found allow for that. When I used the mail or mailx commands,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies
Catalyst::View::Email(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Catalyst::View::Email(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::View::Email - Send Email from Catalyst SYNOPSIS
This module sends out emails from a stash key specified in the configuration settings. CONFIGURATION
WARNING: since version 0.10 the configuration options slightly changed! Use the helper to create your View: $ script/myapp_create.pl view Email Email In your app configuration: __PACKAGE__->config( 'View::Email' => { # Where to look in the stash for the email information. # 'email' is the default, so you don't have to specify it. stash_key => 'email', # Define the defaults for the mail default => { # Defines the default content type (mime type). Mandatory content_type => 'text/plain', # Defines the default charset for every MIME part with the # content type text. # According to RFC2049 a MIME part without a charset should # be treated as US-ASCII by the mail client. # If the charset is not set it won't be set for all MIME parts # without an overridden one. # Default: none charset => 'utf-8' }, # Setup how to send the email # all those options are passed directly to Email::Sender::Simple sender => { # if mailer doesn't start with Email::Sender::Simple::Transport::, # then this is prepended. mailer => 'SMTP', # mailer_args is passed directly into Email::Sender::Simple mailer_args => { Host => 'smtp.example.com', # defaults to localhost username => 'username', password => 'password', } } } ); NOTE ON SMTP
If you use SMTP and don't specify host, it will default to localhost and attempt delivery. This often means an email will sit in a queue and not be delivered. SENDING EMAIL
Sending email is just filling the stash and forwarding to the view: sub controller : Private { my ( $self, $c ) = @_; $c->stash->{email} = { to => 'jshirley@gmail.com', cc => 'abraxxa@cpan.org', bcc => join ',', qw/hidden@secret.com hidden2@foobar.com/, from => 'no-reply@foobar.com', subject => 'I am a Catalyst generated email', body => 'Body Body Body', }; $c->forward( $c->view('Email') ); } Alternatively you can use a more raw interface and specify the headers as an array reference like it is passed to Email::MIME::Creator. Note that you may also mix both syntaxes if you like ours better but need to specify additional header attributes. The attributes are appended to the header array reference without overwriting contained ones. $c->stash->{email} = { header => [ To => 'jshirley@gmail.com', Cc => 'abraxxa@cpan.org', Bcc => join ',', qw/hidden@secret.com hidden2@foobar.com/, From => 'no-reply@foobar.com', Subject => 'Note the capitalization differences', ], body => qq{Ain't got no body, and nobody cares.}, # Or, send parts parts => [ Email::MIME->create( attributes => { content_type => 'text/plain', disposition => 'attachment', charset => 'US-ASCII', }, body => qq{Got a body, but didn't get ahead.}, ) ], }; HANDLING ERRORS
If the email fails to send, the view will die (throw an exception). After your forward to the view, it is a good idea to check for errors: $c->forward( $c->view('Email') ); if ( scalar( @{ $c->error } ) ) { $c->error(0); # Reset the error condition if you need to $c->response->body('Oh noes!'); } else { $c->response->body('Email sent A-OK! (At least as far as we can tell)'); } USING TEMPLATES FOR EMAIL
Now, it's no fun to just send out email using plain strings. Take a look at Catalyst::View::Email::Template to see how you can use your favourite template engine to render the mail body. METHODS
new Validates the base config and creates the Email::Sender::Simple object for later use by process. process($c) The process method does the actual processing when the view is dispatched to. This method sets up the email parts and hands off to Email::Sender::Simple to handle the actual email delivery. setup_attributes($c, $attr) Merge attributes with the configured defaults. You can override this method to return a structure to pass into generate_message which subsequently passes the return value of this method to Email::MIME->create under the "attributes" key. generate_message($c, $attr) Generate a message part, which should be an Email::MIME object and return it. Takes the attributes, merges with the defaults as necessary and returns a message object. TROUBLESHOOTING
As with most things computer related, things break. Email even more so. Typically any errors are going to come from using SMTP as your sending method, which means that if you are having trouble the first place to look is at Email::Sender::Transport::SMTP. This module is just a wrapper for Email::Sender::Simple, so if you get an error on sending, it is likely from there anyway. If you are using SMTP and have troubles sending, whether it is authentication or a very bland "Can't send" message, make sure that you have Net::SMTP and, if applicable, Net::SMTP::SSL installed. It is very simple to check that you can connect via Net::SMTP, and if you do have sending errors the first thing to do is to write a simple script that attempts to connect. If it works, it is probably something in your configuration so double check there. If it doesn't, well, keep modifying the script and/or your mail server configuration until it does! SEE ALSO
Catalyst::View::Email::Template - Send fancy template emails with Cat Catalyst::Manual - The Catalyst Manual Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook - The Catalyst Cookbook AUTHORS
J. Shirley <jshirley@gmail.com> Alexander Hartmaier <abraxxa@cpan.org> CONTRIBUTORS
(Thanks!) Matt S Trout Daniel Westermann-Clark Simon Elliott <cpan@browsing.co.uk> Roman Filippov Lance Brown <lance@bearcircle.net> Devin Austin <dhoss@cpan.org> Chris Nehren <apeiron@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2009 the Catalyst::View::Email "AUTHORS" and "CONTRIBUTORS" as listed above. LICENSE
This library is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-01-17 Catalyst::View::Email(3pm)