Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sending Mails to the Multiple Email Address Post 302880525 by Pramod_009 on Friday 20th of December 2013 08:09:15 AM
Old 12-20-2013
Sending Mails to the Multiple Email Address

Hi All,

I am pretty new to the mail service in Sun Solaris 5.10. If anybody help me in writing a script for the multiple recipient with subject and the body would be a helpful.

Kindly help...

Thanks in advance. Smilie

Warm Regards,
Pramod

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Multiple Files through email

Hi Everyone, I'm using the uuencode command with the mail command to send out emails through a UNIX script. The problems is that i have a number of gif files that i need to attach to a single email but the number and name of the gif files is not static. Example today the folder home/Desktop may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Mass mails

Hi Forum, I am extremely new to unix.Can somebody please help me out with the following: I am supposed to write a script that will ftp a file which is a .csv and conatins the following: Mail-id Path of file abc@xyz.com D:\xyz\abc.htm ash@sde.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iyerdeepa82
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Sending mails using plsql program

I am trying to send an email to personal id using plsql program. I have written a code in plsql using UTL_TCP package where opens the connections and then senda a mail. But when i execute the program mails are not being sent. I typed "mail" command on the unix box and got the below result... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amol_mudholkar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while sending mails through MKS

#!/bin/ksh email0="dummy@company.com" emails() { # mail Generation echo "Hi" | /mapimail -s "-(Test Mail)From Production- `date`" $email0; } emails i receive the following error IDispatch::new MSMAPI.MAPISession failed: 800401f3 at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mails to various users without hard coding the email IDS

Hi Can any one help me out ? I am trying to send an autogenerated mail with an attachment to bulk of users using 'MAILX' and 'UNENCODE' . I have used it as follows X " ( cat /sastemp/body.txt; uuencode Test.xls.gz Test.xls.gz ) | mailx -s 'Testing' ' abcd@yahoo.com , efgh@gmail.com ' " ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
9 Replies

6. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sent to multiple user address?

hi all, This is user that i want sent the email: Email = allan@gmail.com bruce8899@gmail.com Chris@gmail.com echo "$dir : $filecount is over the limit $limit " | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email}" However it cannot sent to 3 user..only sent to 1 user email address. Any 1 can help me... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with multiple files..

Hello,, I am loading data into the 4 tables from 4 different input files. The data gets loaded, and the e-mail is also sent to the user, but the log files for all the 4 files is not been sent.. I am trying to send e-mail to users with the log file as attachment. The script is as follows:... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
30 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron not sending external mails

This script is to send a email if the IP adress is active when i run this script it is working and sending emails to external users in different domains, but when this script is scheduled in a cron it is unable to send the emails #/bin/sh ifconfig -a | grep 192.168.0.1 if ; then mail -s... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from a script & specifying the "from" address

Hello all, I have a requirement to send an email from a shell script. Simple enough. A google search gives thousands of examples. But here's the catch. I need to be able to specify the "from" address, and none of the examples I've found allow for that. When I used the mail or mailx commands,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies
XDG-EMAIL(1)															      XDG-EMAIL(1)

NAME
xdg-email - command line tool for sending mail using the user's preferred e-mail composer SYNOPSIS
xdg-email [--utf8] [--cc address] [--bcc address] [--subject text] [--body text] [--attach file] [mailto-uri address(es)] xdg-email {--help --manual --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-email opens the user's preferred e-mail composer in order to send a mail to address(es) or mailto-uri. RFC2368 defines mailto: URIs. xdg-email limits support to, cc, subject and body fields in mailto-uri, all other fields are silently ignored. address(es) must follow the syntax of RFC822. Multiple addresses may be provided as separate arguments. All information provided on the command line is used to prefill corresponding fields in the user's e-mail composer. The user will have the opportunity to change any of this information before actually sending the e-mail. xdg-email is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-email as root. See http://portland.freedesktop.org/EmailConfig for information on how the user can change the e-mail composer that is used. OPTIONS
--utf8 Indicates that all command line options that follow are in utf8. Without this option, command line options are expected to be encoded according to locale. If the locale already specifies utf8 this option has no effect. This option does not affect mailto URIs that are passed on the command line. --cc address Specify a recipient to be copied on the e-mail. --bcc address Specify a recipient to be blindly copied on the e-mail. --subject text Specify a subject for the e-mail. --body text Specify a body for the e-mail. Since the user will be able to make changes before actually sending the e-mail, this can be used to provide the user with a template for the e-mail. text may contain linebreaks. --attach file Specify an attachment for the e-mail. file must point to an existing file. Some e-mail applications require the file to remain present after xdg-email returns. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manualpage. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
xdg-email honours the following environment variables: XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL Setting this environment variable to a non-zero numerical value makes xdg-email do more verbose reporting on stderr. Setting a higher value increases the verbosity. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. 5 No permission to read one of the files passed on the command line. CONFIGURATION
Visit http://portland.freedesktop.org/EmailConfig for information how to configure xdg-email to use the email client of your choice. EXAMPLES
xdg-email 'Jeremy White <jwhite@example.com>' xdg-email --attach /tmp/logo.png --subject 'Logo contest' --body 'Attached you find the logo for the contest.' 'jwhite@example.com' xdg-email --subject 'Your password is about to expire' 'jwhite@example.com' 'bastian@example.com' 'whipple@example.com' AUTHOR
Kevin Krammer, Jeremy White. <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> <jwhite@codeweavers.com> xdg-utils 1.0 06/24/2007 XDG-EMAIL(1)