Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to get Solaris 11 Zone onto the network Post 302879364 by hicksd8 on Thursday 12th of December 2013 05:48:41 AM
Old 12-12-2013
POST REMOVED

Reason: Relative to Solaris 10 only.

Last edited by hicksd8; 12-13-2013 at 06:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone

I am seeking help from the gurus in this forum and hope that I can find answers soon. Anyone who provide the answers will be greatly appreciated. I have a sparc box with Solaris 10 on it. We install Solaris with zone structure. One global zone and two other zone. I installed Oracle DB on global... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access open solaris across the network.

Hi Everyone, I have installed open solaris 10 on one of the x86 machines available but inspite of configuring the IP i am unable to access the machine through the network. Can anyone please help me wih the settings required to access the machine across the network.Its really Urg..Any help is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to access serial port from non-global solaris zone on netra 240

I am trying to use a serial communications device that is connected to /dev/ttyb on a netra 240 server. This is a solaris zone configuration using solaris 10 0910. I am able to access /dev/ttyb from the global zone but not throught he non-global zone. I have enabled all of the tty devices in my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: disagreeable
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris non-global zone network vlan

Have 2 nics on physical system net0 phys 1500 up -- net1 phys 1500 up -- 1. I want to create a link aggregation with LACP enabled with above 2 nics 2. Create port-group(Like we create on ESXi) with VLAN-ID 2141 3. And assign this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure Solaris zone on new network

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 zone which I need to configure on a new network. I have configured the new IP on the zone itself and I can ping the interface from a node on the same network, but not from another network. Basically I need to know how to route the traffic from the zone to it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)