Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flushing expect_out(buffer)
Top Forums Programming Flushing expect_out(buffer) Post 302879184 by cityprince143 on Wednesday 11th of December 2013 05:42:11 AM
Old 12-11-2013
Flushing expect_out(buffer)

Can some one tell me how to flush expect_out(buffer)?

below is my code
Code:
expect -re {.*} {}
expect "swpackages>*"
send  -i $con "trial.bat \r"
set outcome $expect_out(buffer)
expect "*continue*"
set prevreport $expect_out(buffer)
send "\r \r";

problem is :- I am getting "pre" stuffs in my buffer followed by the data I want Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flushing Memory

Hi All, I have a server which has an application which when stopped, doesn't seem to clear out of memory; so I end up rebooting the server. How can I flush the memory without having to reboot the server. (its running Sun Solaris 5.8) Thanking you all inadvance, Zak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

2. Programming

stdout/stdin + flushing buffers

Hi all I've run into a snag in a program of mine where part of what I entered in at the start of run-time, instead of the current value within printf() is being printed out. After failing with fflush() and setbuf(), I tried the following approach void BufferFlusher() { int in=0;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with expect expect_out

This is my simple expect scritpt: #!/usr/bin/expect -f match_max 100000 set timeout -1 spawn telnet $IP expect "#" send -- "shell\r" expect "*Ready*" send -- "init\r" expect "*Ready*" send -- "readsensor \r" expect -- "*" <<< Output of this is a 2 digit number set val... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: expect_user
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect_out(buffer) empty

I have only some info into my buffer, but after a rssi command I see the folowing lines expected into buffer but not present : rssi=-106 rssi=-109 I see in my buffer only the first part of the output, here you are a part of script : #!/usr/bin/expect -f #global expect_out match_max 10000000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ugobale
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect_out buffer no such variable running script background

I am trying to use send and receive using expect. the expect_out(buffer) is working fine while it is running it as foreground. But the same script when it is ran as background, the expect_out(buffer) errored out. Is there any factor influence when we run script in foreground and in background? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
0 Replies

6. Programming

[SOLVED] Flushing expect_out(buffer) inside a loop

Greetings, Having an issue with the expect_out(buffer). in a foreach loop through some switches I am grabbing some arp table information and writing it out to output files (1 each for each switch looped through). The first iteration works fine. the second iteration of the loop writes the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuperSix4
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect_out(buffer) works but it doesn't get all lines

Hello "expect" experts I am new at Expect. I have searched for a little while how to capture multiple lines with Expect and I am almost succeeded on that but I don't get all the lines of a command's output that the script executes on a server. Here is how my script works in a nutshell - ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capacho6666
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect_out help!!!

I am trying to read a file via SSH connect and store it to expect_out(buffer). I am a virgin to expect. Help is really appreciated. Wasted almost a day :-( Code is as follows expect "system32>" send "type output.csv"; send "\r"; expect "system32>" set outcome $expect_out(buffer)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cityprince143
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Jumbled output in expect_out(buffer)

I have a code like this : set ipv6_acl_max_chars test_acl_max_chars123456a789%s%d2345678ww134rt789qa23456789012345%c89012%a56789012x4r67890test_acl_max_chars1234567890.01234aabcdob34567aBC0 spawn telnet $myip expect "Login:" { send "admin\r" } expect "Password:" {send "admin\r" }... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ylucki
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to parse expect_out(buffer)

trying to telnet to a device, list the files, and delete them. I can get the script to telnet and log in OK, and even issue the command to list out the files. I can't figure out how to parse the expect_out(buffer) and extract the file name for use in the delete command. the files list out like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imatinkerer
4 Replies
RDMA_POST_SEND(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					 RDMA_POST_SEND(3)

NAME
rdma_post_send - post a work request to send a message. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_send (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, void *addr, size_t length, struct ibv_mr *mr, int flags); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. addr The address of the memory buffer to post. length The length of the memory buffer. mr Optional registered memory region associated with the posted buffer. flags Optional flags used to control the send operation. DESCRIPTION
Posts a work request to the send queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The contents of the posted buffer will be sent to the remote peer of a connection. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
The user is responsible for ensuring that the remote peer has queued a receive request before issuing the send operations. For a list of supported flags, see ibv_post_send. Unless the send request is using inline data, the message buffer must have been registered before being posted, with the mr parameter referencing the registration. The buffer must remain registered until the send completes. Send operations may not be posted to an rdma_cm_id or the corresponding queue pair until it has been connected. The user-defined context associated with the send request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_connect(3), rdma_accept(3), ibv_post_send(3), rdma_post_sendv(3), rdma_post_recv(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_SEND(3)