Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris: ldd doesn't find libraries in exported environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH Post 302879084 by old_as_a_fossil on Tuesday 10th of December 2013 11:02:43 AM
Old 12-10-2013
i'm sorry, I don't see the relevance of the link you poster. I'm using ld_library_path as already mentioned.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ldd doesn't work with 64bit .so library on AIX

I generated my shared library in 64bit on AIX, but when I ran ldd, it says: Could not load program libmylib.so: Could not load module libmylib.so. The module has an invalid magic number. Anyone knows how to list library dependencies with 64bit shared library on AIX? If you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: modemer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between a shell variable that is exported and the one that is

What is the difference between a shell variable that is exported and the one that is not exported? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find a environment variable Value !

There is shell script which contains some variables . These variables are used , but they have not declared in the script. I think its a environment variable, so I want to know where these variables are set and given values In .profile or .login..or where to c Please give the full path and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find a environment variable Value !

There is shell script which contains some variables . These variables are used , but they have declared in the script. I think its a environment variable, so I want to know where these variables are set and given values In .profile or .login..or where to c Please give the full path and file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variable on a remote solaris machine using shell script

Hi, I am trying to set environment variable on a remote machine. I want to do it by running a shell script Here's what I am doin rsh <remote-hostname> -l root "cd /opt/newclient; . ./setp.sh" In setp.sh, I have ############################# cd ../newlib; export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing variable which are exported with export

Greeting to all of you! I've small issue related to the variable which we are setting and exporting through scripts, in one of the script there are some variable used but I am not abel to get the detail as where they are set. I tried finding the detail with the help of env but no luck. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using the exported variable after su

Dear All,How can use a variable which I have exported when I am logged into one user to be used once I su to another user.something like 1.Login to Unix box as user12. export var1="TEST"3. su - user24. User the var1 value ( it should return TEST)I have checked just export does not work. any other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
1 Replies

8. Solaris

TZ variable not exported when running from cron

Hi, I have the following executable in cron: 10 * * * 1-5 /apps/bin/dmg_cronlaunch -ENVI ENVIRONMENT -EXE exec -FILE ratespb_sdos_prdf_`TZ=US/Eastern;date +\%Y\%m\%d\%H\%M\%S`.sdos > /tmp/dmg_exec.log.`/usr/bin/date +\%Y_\%m_\%d_\%H:\%M:\%S` 2>&1 Comprised of the following: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of exported variable

i have to use the exported variable from one script into another script ex : A.ksh # !/bin/ksh chk1=56 export chk1 B.ksh # !/bin/ksh echo $chk1 i have executed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Java doesnīt find the CLASSPATH (System variable)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: As a excercise I have to compile a program (Hello2.java) with a class file (HelloText.java) in another directory. (As you seen in the screenshot) Iīm setting a PATH and a CLASSPATH (system variables). Itīs working without a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MenschTown
2 Replies
LDD(1)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    LDD(1)

NAME
ldd - print shared object dependencies SYNOPSIS
ldd [option]... file... DESCRIPTION
ldd prints the shared objects (shared libraries) required by each program or shared object specified on the command line. An example of its use and output is the following: $ ldd /bin/ls linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffcc3563000) libselinux.so.1 => /lib64/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f87e5459000) libcap.so.2 => /lib64/libcap.so.2 (0x00007f87e5254000) libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f87e4e92000) libpcre.so.1 => /lib64/libpcre.so.1 (0x00007f87e4c22000) libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f87e4a1e000) /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00005574bf12e000) libattr.so.1 => /lib64/libattr.so.1 (0x00007f87e4817000) libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f87e45fa000) In the usual case, ldd invokes the standard dynamic linker (see ld.so(8)) with the LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS environment variable set to 1. This causes the dynamic linker to inspect the program's dynamic dependencies, and find (according to the rules described in ld.so(8)) and load the objects that satisfy those dependencies. For each dependency, ldd displays the location of the matching object and the (hexadeci- mal) address at which it is loaded. (The linux-vdso and ld-linux shared dependencies are special; see vdso(7) and ld.so(8).) Security Be aware that in some circumstances (e.g., where the program specifies an ELF interpreter other than ld-linux.so), some versions of ldd may attempt to obtain the dependency information by attempting to directly execute the program, which may lead to the execution of whatever code is defined in the program's ELF interpreter, and perhaps to execution of the program itself. (In glibc versions before 2.27, the upstream ldd implementation did this for example, although most distributions provided a modified version that did not.) Thus, you should never employ ldd on an untrusted executable, since this may result in the execution of arbitrary code. A safer alterna- tive when dealing with untrusted executables is: $ objdump -p /path/to/program | grep NEEDED Note, however, that this alternative shows only the direct dependencies of the executable, while ldd shows the entire dependency tree of the executable. OPTIONS
--version Print the version number of ldd. -v, --verbose Print all information, including, for example, symbol versioning information. -u, --unused Print unused direct dependencies. (Since glibc 2.3.4.) -d, --data-relocs Perform relocations and report any missing objects (ELF only). -r, --function-relocs Perform relocations for both data objects and functions, and report any missing objects or functions (ELF only). --help Usage information. BUGS
ldd does not work on a.out shared libraries. ldd does not work with some extremely old a.out programs which were built before ldd support was added to the compiler releases. If you use ldd on one of these programs, the program will attempt to run with argc = 0 and the results will be unpredictable. SEE ALSO
pldd(1), sprof(1), ld.so(8), ldconfig(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2017-09-15 LDD(1)