Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris: ldd doesn't find libraries in exported environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH Post 302879084 by old_as_a_fossil on Tuesday 10th of December 2013 11:02:43 AM
Old 12-10-2013
i'm sorry, I don't see the relevance of the link you poster. I'm using ld_library_path as already mentioned.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ldd doesn't work with 64bit .so library on AIX

I generated my shared library in 64bit on AIX, but when I ran ldd, it says: Could not load program libmylib.so: Could not load module libmylib.so. The module has an invalid magic number. Anyone knows how to list library dependencies with 64bit shared library on AIX? If you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: modemer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between a shell variable that is exported and the one that is

What is the difference between a shell variable that is exported and the one that is not exported? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find a environment variable Value !

There is shell script which contains some variables . These variables are used , but they have not declared in the script. I think its a environment variable, so I want to know where these variables are set and given values In .profile or .login..or where to c Please give the full path and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find a environment variable Value !

There is shell script which contains some variables . These variables are used , but they have declared in the script. I think its a environment variable, so I want to know where these variables are set and given values In .profile or .login..or where to c Please give the full path and file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variable on a remote solaris machine using shell script

Hi, I am trying to set environment variable on a remote machine. I want to do it by running a shell script Here's what I am doin rsh <remote-hostname> -l root "cd /opt/newclient; . ./setp.sh" In setp.sh, I have ############################# cd ../newlib; export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing variable which are exported with export

Greeting to all of you! I've small issue related to the variable which we are setting and exporting through scripts, in one of the script there are some variable used but I am not abel to get the detail as where they are set. I tried finding the detail with the help of env but no luck. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using the exported variable after su

Dear All,How can use a variable which I have exported when I am logged into one user to be used once I su to another user.something like 1.Login to Unix box as user12. export var1="TEST"3. su - user24. User the var1 value ( it should return TEST)I have checked just export does not work. any other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
1 Replies

8. Solaris

TZ variable not exported when running from cron

Hi, I have the following executable in cron: 10 * * * 1-5 /apps/bin/dmg_cronlaunch -ENVI ENVIRONMENT -EXE exec -FILE ratespb_sdos_prdf_`TZ=US/Eastern;date +\%Y\%m\%d\%H\%M\%S`.sdos > /tmp/dmg_exec.log.`/usr/bin/date +\%Y_\%m_\%d_\%H:\%M:\%S` 2>&1 Comprised of the following: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of exported variable

i have to use the exported variable from one script into another script ex : A.ksh # !/bin/ksh chk1=56 export chk1 B.ksh # !/bin/ksh echo $chk1 i have executed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Java doesnīt find the CLASSPATH (System variable)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: As a excercise I have to compile a program (Hello2.java) with a class file (HelloText.java) in another directory. (As you seen in the screenshot) Iīm setting a PATH and a CLASSPATH (system variables). Itīs working without a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MenschTown
2 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig -- configure the a.out shared library cache SYNOPSIS
ldconfig [-cmrsSv] [directory ...] DESCRIPTION
ldconfig is used to prepare a set of ``hints'' for use by the a.out run-time linker ld.so to facilitate quick lookup of shared libraries available in multiple directories. ldconfig is only available on systems that use the ``a.out'' format for executables and libraries - on ELF systems, all the work is done by ld.elf_so. By default, it scans a set of built-in system directories, directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf, and any directories specified on the com- mand line (in the given order) looking for shared libraries and stores the results in the file /var/run/ld.so.hints to forestall the overhead that would otherwise result from the directory search operations ld.so would have to perform to load required shared libraries. The shared libraries so found will be automatically available for loading if needed by the program being prepared for execution. This obvi- ates the need for storing search paths within the executable. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable can be used to override the use of directories (or the order thereof) from the cache or to specify additional directories where shared libraries might be found. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a ':' separated list of directory paths that are searched by ld.so when it needs to load a shared library. It can be viewed as the run-time equivalent of the -L switch of ld. ldconfig is typically run as part of the boot sequence. The following options are recognized by ldconfig: -c Do not scan directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf for shared libraries. -m Merge the result of the scan of the directories given as arguments into the existing hints file. The default action is to build the hints file afresh. -r Lists the current contents of ld.so.hints on the standard output. The hints file will not be modified. -s Do not scan the built-in system directory (/usr/lib), nor any directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf for shared libraries. -S Do not scan the built-in system directory (/usr/lib), for shared libraries. (Directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf are still scanned.) -v Switch on verbose mode. FILES
/var/run/ld.so.hints, /etc/ld.so.conf SEE ALSO
ld(1), ld.so(1), ld.so.conf(5), link(5) HISTORY
A ldconfig utility first appeared in SunOS 4.0, it appeared in its current form in NetBSD 0.9A. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Special care must be taken when loading shared libraries into the address space of set-user-ID programs. Whenever such a program is run, ld.so will only load shared libraries from the ld.so.hints file. In particular, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_PRELOAD is not used to search for libraries. Thus, the role of ldconfig is dual. In addition to building a set of hints for quick lookup, it also serves to specify the trusted collection of directories from which shared objects can be safely loaded. It is presumed that the set of directories specified to ldconfig is under control of the system's administrator. ld.so further assists set-user-ID programs by erasing the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_PRELOAD from the environment. BSD
October 8, 2000 BSD