Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris syslog messages cluttering screen Post 302878903 by bartus11 on Monday 9th of December 2013 12:50:54 PM
Old 12-09-2013
How are you connecting to the Solaris 10 server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 login Screen not loading

The system loads fine no errors on the system during boot. when it tries to start it goes to hostname % it does not show the login screen for the users. any help on this would be great. is the X11 not starting properly? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
16 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris Installation Program screen

Hi! I'm trying to skip the installation welcome screen (actually the first three screens: The Solaris Installation Program screen, Identify This System screen and date and time settings - not timezone settings). Everything else runs automaticly from jumpstart except these three screens, just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luka
6 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris equivalent to the linux screen command

hi there is there a solaris equivalent to the linux screen command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Login Screen Not Loading

I (think I) successfully installed Solaris 10 5/09 on the IDE hard drive of my computer using the 5 installation CDs I downloaded from the Sun website. But now when I boot from the IDE hard drive I think it boots successfully but It asks me for the root password or Ctrl+D to abort. When I give it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing messages on the screen when background process is going on!

hello all, In my script i have written some messages which should come in screen while some background process is going on.. Like for example: if i want to add 2 numbers a and b ...when the addition is going on in the background i should get "ADDING TWO NUMBERS>>PLEASE WAIT " message on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 screen capture

We are using Solaris 10 for our Radiation Treatment Planning and need to create a simulation for our service engineers. I need a screen capture tool that can not only capture screens, but create movies of mouse movements (similar to Captivate). I have contacted Oracle and talked to several people... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomH
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that prints 2 messages to a screen session

Im trying to make a script that prints 2 messages to a screen session, one after the other. screen -x session44 -X stuff "`printf "Test 1\r"`" This works fine, but adding a second lien with a different message yields no results. Changed Subject: Please Follow Forum Rules Regarding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kylecn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Login Screen in Solaris 11

I have a requirement to add a warning banner to the Solaris 11 login screen. Adding the banner was pretty easy in Solaris 10 by changing *Dtlogin. Does anyone know how to make the change in Solaris !!? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8, you boot the system but does not have anything on the screen (not started)

Greetings to all. I have two computers, Sun Blade 150. the first, had the Solaris 8 system, and that system needed to clone the "second" to start it with the same settings. Use a program to clone the drive, and then have cloned, had the error: Can't read disk label. Can't open disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliz-58
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Dual screen in Solaris 10

Hi. I have a question.. how can i do a dual screen in CME with the same desktop.. with consule.. ?! sry for wrong selection in forum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: defs
1 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)