Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10. Post 302878651 by nongrato on Saturday 7th of December 2013 06:38:47 PM
Old 12-07-2013
Sun Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10.

Hi, everyone!

I would like to try OpenStep for Solaris on my Sun Ultra 10 machine, so I installed all required packages, the problem is that OpenStep requires screen DPI to be set to 72x72 while my current dpi is 90x90. So how do I change the dpi?

Thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Changing Screen Resolution

I have installed Solaris 10 over vmware onto my machine. Now when I want to change my screen resolution it only has one option which is 800x600. Is there a way to change that to a bigger resollution? And if there is, what file do I have to edit and what text editor do I have to use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing my Screen Resolution (Not in X)

I have no graphical environment, no X, just a shell... but its WAY bigger than my monitor... what do I do? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Someone's got to know... Screen resolution question.

Hi all, Someone please help, I have a machine running Sun Solaris 5.8. X used to run fine, not it can't start. (possible user intervention) It looks to be trying to run at 1280x1024. I don't think the hardware will support it, it seems high. Anyways, how from the commandline, via ssh, can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
4 Replies

4. Solaris

screen resolution

how to change screen resolution in CDE prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get current X screen resolution

Hi, I need to get the current X*Y resolution of X in a shell script. xrandr -q gives me a line like this: Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 1200, maximum 3080 x 1600 How can I extract the X and Y current resolution values? sed, awk, cut or any other console solution is welcomed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcfx44
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Screen resolution before and after login

system: Fedora14 on vmware the login screen resolution is 1024*768, but after login the resolution is 800*600. I want to set the login screen resolution as 800*600 too. How to do this? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the screen resolution

I have installed several flavors of Linux and FreeBSD onto my machine. Now when I want to change my screen resolution, it only has one option which is 800x600. Is there a way to change that to a bigger resolution? And if there is, what file do I have to edit and what text editor do I have to use?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Screen Resolution

Hi all. I have a very peculiar problem in Solaris 10. The output of the m64config -prconf command with regards the Card Adapter is the following. Card possible resolutions: 720x400x85, 640x480x60, 640x480x72, 640x480x75 800x600x56, 800x600x60, 800x600x72, 800x600x75, 1024x768x60 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxman
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)