Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ntp between ipv4 and ipv6
Operating Systems Solaris Ntp between ipv4 and ipv6 Post 302878502 by fpmurphy on Friday 6th of December 2013 11:24:13 AM
Old 12-06-2013
Somehow you have to get connectivity between your IPv6 system and your IPv4 system. Until that is achieved, you will not be able to get your NTP requirement to work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

convert from ipv4 to ipv6

hello i'm working on aix 5300-05-03 hacmp ver 5.4 well my issue is that when firewall (gateway to internet ) goes down my machine start to work very very slowly!!! the output of the sniffer is that on the output card , my machine try to convert ipv4 to ipv6 0.0.2.0 my machine is not configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

2. AIX

convert ipv4 ti ipv6

hello i'm working on AIX 5300-05-03 P520 hacmp 5.4 when connection to the internet is going down , firewall down, my application work verey verey slowly!!! and on the sliffer output i'm got trys of my serevr to do convert from ipv4 ipv6 ( 0.0.2.0 and AAAAAAAA). some one have an idea why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

3. Solaris

(Help) IPv6 tunneling over existing IPv4 in Solaris

Hi folks, i hope you'll help me to configure my ipv6 tunnel. First, i create my tunnel in: Hurricane Electric Free IPv6 Tunnel Broker My IP is 83.228.93.34 in HE: ------------------------ Server IPv4 address: 216.66.84.46 Server IPv6 address: 2001:470:1f14:16a::1/64 Client IPv4 address: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: static
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ASK] How to check whether ipv4 or ipv6 and ping those IP

I have perl script that I use to check and ping a list of ip, The problem is, I didnt understand how to ping ipv6 on perl, Could I use Ping::External??And how could I get the ping result (reply or not)? This is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -- use Net::Ping; use Data::Validate::IP; use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

IPv4 and IPv6 Related Question to CentOS VMs

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to run two VMs one with services for IPv4 and the other one with services for IPv6. The main physical system would be connected to a IPv6 switch. I think it should be fine but I would like to hear out your comments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
1 Replies

6. Solaris

NTP server to support IPv4 and IPv6 client

Hi I am looking to have an NTP server that will support both ipv4 and ipv6 clients. Is there anything specific about the configuration that I should be looking at? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
7 Replies

7. Solaris

ISC DHCP ipv4 and ipv6 options

Hi I am looking to set-up ISC DHCP to support ipv6, and to migrate my existing SUN DHCP ipv4 to ISC, finding the ipv4 options for the SUN DHCP options was ok eg TFTPsrvN = tftp-server-name OptBootF = bootfile-name However if I set up a DHCPv6 does anyone know what the equivalent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

8. AIX

IPv6/IPv4 Only in AIX

Hi all, I have setup ipv6 in AIX machine using autoconf6 command. I was successfull in doing this. after execution of the command local link address was assigned to one of the interfaces (en1).But I have to setup the following environment as well. 1) Machine with only IPv6 support(IPv4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ard
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface?

Hello dears how to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface on solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ttashman
1 Replies
inet_type(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)