Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Latency Test
Operating Systems Solaris Latency Test Post 302878450 by jim mcnamara on Friday 6th of December 2013 07:39:38 AM
Old 12-06-2013
Please define what you mean by a latency test. Do you mean some kind of performance assessment?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining typing latency

Hi all, When I use an editor (vi) that is spawned in a remote server, visually I could see the latency between typing a character/word and being displayed on the terminal. I could see this visually but how do I get a metric on this or how to quantify this? As expected, when I type in a editor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

iptables latency evaluation

Hello guys, I'm actually working on my master thesis which has for subject the evaluation of virtual firewall in a cloud environment. To do so, I installed my own cloud using OpenNebula (as a frontend) and Xen (as a Node) on two different machines. The Xen machine is my virtual firewall thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slaughterman
2 Replies

5. AIX

Latency Test

Hi every one, we have a set up in solaris 8 and 9 and running many cshell scripts.. we are migrate to AIX . Now, i want to know the latency difference between two boxes(Solaris and AIX). Kindly help me to , how to do Latency test.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)