Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Send file attachement in mail Post 302878397 by zozoo on Friday 6th of December 2013 03:00:09 AM
Old 12-06-2013
it works for me fine in Solaris
u can try
Code:
uuencode

then pipe it to
Code:
mail

---------- Post updated at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:40 PM ----------

u can try for other methods from below link
This User Gave Thanks to zozoo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with a subject and an attachement

Dear All: I want to send a message to a list of people with a subject and an attachement, currently I am using the following command into a shell script: uuencode $FILENAME.gz $FILENAME.gz | mail john.kennedy@mycompany.com m.m@mycompany.com With this command I can send the message for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with an attachement of a file

I wanted to try sending a mail with an attachement at command prompt in unix. Some one please advise that how we can do it ? Thanks, :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddeg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Mail with Attachement

Hi Can somebody help me in wirting shell script in the following way.Desperately i have poseted this.. 1.How can I connect to Oracle(Sqlplus) from UNIX. 2.After connecting to it I have to execute an oracle proceudure.. 3.Execution of the procedure will give some set of rows.. 4.The set of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachement-Getting connection refused by domain

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix. I need to send an email with an attachment in unix to some id like abc@some_company.com Code i have used is ------------Code--------------------------- #!/bin/ksh set -x #set -n #cript: unix_mail_withattachments.ksh # Aurthor: Ravin Maharaj #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

query about Attachement in mail

Hi All, I have general query that ...in my script i used uuencode option like below. cd /location (cat test.txt uuencode test.csv test.csv ) | mail -s "test mail" "mail_id" but whenever i run the above command its giving error like below ./testscript.sh: uuencode not found: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

attachement through mail command

Can't attach text files to 'mail' command. I dont have mutt or mailx to use on my server. so i have to use mail command any help would be great. Regards, Kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending attachement in mail

Hi , I am using the below code to send mail through a script which run as a cron job. msgdate=`date +"%a, %e %Y %T %z"` daemail=$(cat <<! From: $from To: $emailtarget Subject: $subject Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; Content-Disposition: inline $priority $CONTENT !)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)